Hi.
    I have been an iPhone user for a long time, and I tend to keep it together with a new Android phone when I finally make up my mind and choose between S9 and S10.

I just got the S10, and yes, it's an amazing phone. But i also just got offered a brand new S9 to s very low cost- just 30% og the price for the S10. Og course the S10 also includes the Galaxy Buds, but I have both Jabra Elite 65T Active and Jaybird Run XT already.

Does anybody own/owned both, and would share their thoughts on what to choose? I can still send back my S10.

I can also ad that I never play games, but I use my phone insanely much because I work as an editor and everything I do, I so if from my mobile or Mac. I have also sold all my photo gear just to keep the mobile as my only camera.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-22-2019 05:38 AM
    I see you are a newer user here - welcome to Android Central!

While the S10 is indeed the newest flagship from Samsung, I personally think the S9 is still a really solid device. My brother-in-law has a purple S9; and is in the performing arts and uses his phone constantly (media, recording, pictures, etc). As far as I know, he gets good battery life. His girlfriend, who uses an iPhone, even wants his phone!

I personally think you can't go wrong with an S9 - especially at a discount - but it's all up to you! The S9 is still pretty new and will get updates for a while yet (although Samsung is a little slower with updates, but they do happen). The camera still performs perfectly well, too.

Let us know what you decide!
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 05:53 AM
    Super thanks for your quick and kind reply! From what you're worrying it seems like the S9 is a really great phone. Yes, the price is incredibly cheap, and it was a mistake from the store that sold it, but they offered me the dame price. It's almost crazy to think of the price difference between the S9 and the iPhone XS which I thought about buying before Christmas. I might just get the S9 for now, especially because it's difficult to put away my iPhone 100%.
    03-22-2019 06:01 AM
    I traded my S9+ for an S10+, and my advice is for anyone who has an S9--or in your case, can get one cheap--is to keep the S9. I'm sure my 10 is a great device, but the S9 is so freaking good that there's really no reason to move to an S10 of any flavor.

Plus the S9 fingerprint scanner works.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:10 AM
    Hi.
    I have been an iPhone user for a long time, and I tend to keep it together with a new Android phone when I finally make up my mind and choose between S9 and S10.

I just got the S10, and yes, it's an amazing phone. But i also just got offered a brand new S9 to s very low cost- just 30% og the price for the S10. Og course the S10 also includes the Galaxy Buds, but I have both Jabra Elite 65T Active and Jaybird Run XT already.

Does anybody own/owned both, and would share their thoughts on what to choose? I can still send back my S10.

I can also ad that I never play games, but I use my phone insanely much because I work as an editor and everything I do, I so if from my mobile or Mac. I have also sold all my photo gear just to keep the mobile as my only camera.
    Either device would be just fine. Both models run on Android Pie 9.0 with the Samsung One UI skin on top. Having owned a GS9+ and now a GS10+, it wasn't an earth shattering upgrade but it was also not an incremental one.

Increased screen real estate, brighter display especially in direct sunlight, more secure ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, faster processor with cooling tunnel to mitigate heating up of the device, more RAM and base storage, thinner and lighter than its predecessor, better camera setup, records in 4k on the front facing camera, better blue light filtering, longer screen on time, and wireless poweershare to charge your brother's GS9 and a larger battery.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:10 AM
    Thanks
    Yes, the fingerprint sensor is the only quirk I'm having with the S10 now. Everything else is great, although I wouldn't mind if it was just a little bit smaller. But that's just something I have to get used to.
    03-22-2019 06:13 AM
    Thanks
    Yes, the fingerprint sensor is the only quirk I'm having with the S10 now. Everything else is great, although I wouldn't mind if it was just a little bit smaller. But that's just something I have to get used to.
    Increase touch sensitivity. Delete the original fingerprint scan. Re-register your thumbprint from multiple points until it's registered. Repeat the process with the same thumb.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:17 AM
    Where do I find this setting?
    03-22-2019 06:24 AM
    haven't got an s10 but for 30% of the original price, just the savings alone make it worth going to the s9. I've been on mine for about a year now and it's been great.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:47 AM
    Where do I find this setting?
    It's Display settings, however If you do a search for touch or touch sensitivity in the settings Touch Sensitivity will also show up. Just a quick way to find various settings options.
    torbjornhb likes this.
    03-22-2019 07:17 AM
    My wife has S9 and loves it. The S10 is definitely smoother and faster but to be expected. For me, I have to have latest
    torbjornhb, jcp007 and tadpoles like this.
    03-22-2019 08:40 AM
    Just altered the touch sensitivity! The fingerprint sensor still have problems with my thumbs but that's because my fingerprint are totally gone. The index finger works though. That said, the phone seems much more responsive now!
    03-22-2019 08:49 AM
    I still have my s9+ and when I compared it to the s10+
    s10+
    bigger battery
    better screen
    runs smoother
    capable to charge other devices
    has latest specs like wifi 6

s9+ is still a solid device but if I had to choose right now between the both it would be s10+ , if you already have s9+ could keep for another year.
    torbjornhb, bhatech and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2019 09:23 AM
    PocketNow GS10+ vs GS9+

03-23-2019 09:49 PM
    Hi.

Sir,you mentioned "I have also sold all my photo gear just to keep the mobile as my only camera."i used to be a photographer.lets be honest.even a $200 digital camera takes better pics than a $1000 phone.but if you MUST then i would recommend the Mate 20 Pro or wait for P30 Pro.

Okay if you insist on Samsung,then it would be a 12gb 1tb S10 Plus.
    03-23-2019 10:41 PM