S10 Plus Wifi very weak.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So to cut it short.i just recently obtained my S10 Plus.and turns out the wifi is very weak or lets say most of the time unable to find the hotspot which i have been using with my older phones.

I am pretty sure the distance from the router to the phone or previous phones are almost identical.thus forcing me to use bluetooth tethering from my Samsung M20.

Anyone has this problem as well?or does anyone know a fix?

Thanks AC.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it work if you put the phone on your router (or someone else's if you don't have one)?

If so, return the phone for a new one - someone forgot to plug the wifi antenna plug all the way in when they were putting the phone together.

If not, then the Wifi radio is bad - so definitely ask for a new one.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does it work if you put the phone on your router (or someone else's if you don't have one)?

If so, return the phone for a new one - someone forgot to plug the wifi antenna plug all the way in when they were putting the phone together.

If not, then the Wifi radio is bad - so definitely ask for a new one.

Erm.it does connect.but after some time it disconnects...and doesnt show up again in Wifi.

But that happens just at home.at my office it works super far...maybe my home router?

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine did the same thing, at several different locations and with different routers, etc. Reception on AT&T was also subpar. I returned the S10+ to go back to my Note 9, which is much stronger in both areas. It was the only thing that I really disliked about the S10+, but I cannot have connectivity issues when I mostly use the phone for work.

PA174

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
My S10 plus is doing the same at various locations, and I can verify its the S10 plus. As I have had 2 phones on me at all times and only the S10 is dropping out

dedi2004

Apr 2, 2019
Visit site
I also have a problem with wifi signal detection on my s10+
usually at home and office there is no problem with wifi signal with my old phone, but with s10+ I can't use wifi conection because the signal is not detected
at the same time, place and location, I compare it with my s9+ and J6+, and the result is S10 + only detects wifi hot spots are only a little, half of my s9+ and j6+. is this problem related with hardware or software?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine did the same thing, at several different locations and with different routers, etc. Reception on AT&T was also subpar. I returned the S10+ to go back to my Note 9, which is much stronger in both areas. It was the only thing that I really disliked about the S10+, but I cannot have connectivity issues when I mostly use the phone for work.

Well it seems its the phone.btw im using the Exynos version.and to solve the problem now i have a ROG Repeater in front of my room.kinda overkill...

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I also have a problem with wifi signal detection on my s10+
usually at home and office there is no problem with wifi signal with my old phone, but with s10+ I can't use wifi conection because the signal is not detected
at the same time, place and location, I compare it with my s9+ and J6+, and the result is S10 + only detects wifi hot spots are only a little, half of my s9+ and j6+. is this problem related with hardware or software?

Yes.its very weak at searching for hotspots...unless the signal is strong...