How do you fix Galaxy S10 pixelated video?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy S10 Plus and when i send a video message from gallery via text, it gets pixelated. Is there a way of fixing this?

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Carriers impose data limits on texts, so they decrease the quality on videos to meet their limit size.

Allo was a great solution for this, Allo is gone now so I'm using what's app to send and receive higher quality videos.

Narcist1

Mar 24, 2019
Visit site
Carriers impose data limits on texts, so they decrease the quality on videos to meet their limit size.

Allo was a great solution for this, Allo is gone now so I'm using what's app to send and receive higher quality videos.

I might have to use What's App, but I hate having app to text when I really should have this problem.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My understanding has always been that it's the carrier, not the phone. I can't ever recall being able to send high quality videos or multiple photos in the same mms.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, if carriers would start supporting Google's RCS protocol for messaging we wouldn't have this problem.

They're still relying on old-school MMS which we were using since the first camera phones or so. Apple obviously helped sidestep this with iMessage, but if you ever went pics to Android users they would have received the grain/poor quality images.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon supports it on the Pixel 2 and 3 at least. Also note that i don't believe Apple supports it so you'll he stuck if you're sending things to iPhones (and that one you can blame solely on Apple).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon supports it on the Pixel 2 and 3 at least. Also note that i don't believe Apple supports it so you'll he stuck if you're sending things to iPhones (and that one you can blame solely on Apple).

Yeah I heard that for the pixels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance