I Absolutely ADORE This Phone!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the thing that keeps jumping out to me about these phones (now that my foster issues are completely completely resolved) is that I can't really think of anything I don't like or would change. Yeah, another 400-500 mAh of battery would only make it greater but there's just nothing not to love. The only thing I wish for is iMessage-like functionality and ease of use. However, if I had to also take the iPhones limitations to get that then no frick'n way! When I pick up my iPhones I notice how nice they are but I immediately think of what I wish they had or could do. When I pick up my S10+es I just feel...satisfied. No excuses are necessary. This is a great phone. Adore is a good word.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's no reason for negative comments period. While I get your suggestion for folks not to take them personally, I think the best suggestion is for people to pass on commenting period if they can't be positive.

Clarification: I wasn't suggesting for people not to take comments personal, I was asking people not to make negative personal comments in accordance with forum rules. Negative comments about a device are allowed.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was really hoping to love this phone but it keeps trying me. I can't find anything in the settings menu, but I'm slowly getting familiar with it and that's getting better little by little. Sliding side to side in the app drawer is a pain when it doesn't even go full circle. Give me scrolling all day. Been having issues with the FPS but I realized tonight that I don't have the latest update that so many say really helps with this so I go and check only to be halted in my tracks because it can only be downloaded over WiFi. WTH? It's a pretty phone, does what it should but it's really trying my love.
Unfortunately, stock launchers have limitations when it comes to stuff like app drawers and scrolling among other things. I too prefer vertical scrolling but I prefer the stock launcher so I'll live with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I honestly thought that after two days I would be bored with this phone. I was incorrect. Of course some of that was a learning curve coming from the pixel but I'm still playing around with some of the features and settings.
I am still vastly impressed with this device in part because of the One UI which is now available on other Samsung devices, however the hardware is no slouch. I'm one of those that comes from the theory that 8 gigabytes of RAM still overkill but I won't turn it down.

For those of you who I not are impressed with the camera, I encourage you to take some time to experiment with the Pro features. I realize that a lot of us just want to hit a button in auto but even the best of the best cameras don't get it right each and every time. The nice thing about manual settings is that with the exception of movement you're getting a live preview of your shot as you play around with it. If you're getting too much motion blur just bump up the shutter speed a bit until you get the results you want. A little setup in advanced goes a long way. If none of that excites you then download the Google cam port for probably one of the best auto shooters experiences out there.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I honestly thought that after two days I would be bored with this phone. I was incorrect. Of course some of that was a learning curve coming from the pixel but I'm still playing around with some of the features and settings.
I am still vastly impressed with this device in part because of the One UI which is now available on other Samsung devices, however the hardware is no slouch. I'm one of those that comes from the theory that 8 gigabytes of RAM still overkill but I won't turn it down.

For those of you who I not are impressed with the camera, I encourage you to take some time to experiment with the Pro features. I realize that a lot of us just want to hit a button in auto but even the best of the best cameras don't get it right each and every time. The nice thing about manual settings is that with the exception of movement you're getting a live preview of your shot as you play around with it. If you're getting too much motion blur just bump up the shutter speed a bit until you get the results you want. A little setup in advanced goes a long way. If none of that excites you then download the Google cam port for probably one of the best auto shooters experiences out there.

Want to give the gcam a go but isn’t it not available for the non snapdragon devices?

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere on here that it is compatible with all versions. If I come across that post I'll try to get back to you.
Thanks for that...very interested in seeing the differences.

I’m yet to go into the pro options on the camera and use just the standard photo but saying that the only pics I have taken is at home currently.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I believe Notefan 161's concern is Gcams compatibility with Exynos. I don't want to take this thread off topic but if you know anything about that please pass it on.
I know. Just a heads-up if they would care to go check those out. Don't mean to get the thread off topic.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been sure that I actually want to keep my AT&T S10+. My battery life is always cut in half by using phones on AT&T as compared to using them on T-Mobile.

I had AT&T unlock my S10+ on Friday and I flashed the unlocked firmware onto the phone and I'm using it on T-Mobile now. I'm hoping this will make the difference in me actually loving this phone now.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been sure that I actually want to keep my AT&T S10+. My battery life is always cut in half by using phones on AT&T as compared to using them on T-Mobile.

I had AT&T unlock my S10+ on Friday and I flashed the unlocked firmware onto the phone and I'm using it on T-Mobile now. I'm hoping this will make the difference in me actually loving this phone now.
That seems odd. I saw for myself Friday that battery life is not as good when I'm using AT&T's network vs. WiFi but it didn't seem dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance