Which SMS app is everyone using?

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This has been a confusing topic for me. The App called Messages was, I quess s Samsung App? Then I read about RCS so I downloaded another App from the store called Messages? The only difference is that one says “Start Chat” and sometimes allows me to auto copy all these temp codes you need when using a new device to log into other Apps...
Since some ***** named them the same exact name I am still not exactly sure which is the better of the two?
Anyone that can provide a brief explanation ?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This has been a confusing topic for me. The App called Messages was, I quess s Samsung App? Then I read about RCS so I downloaded another App from the store called Messages? The only difference is that one says “Start Chat” and sometimes allows me to auto copy all these temp codes you need when using a new device to log into other Apps...
Since some ***** named them the same exact name I am still not exactly sure which is the better of the two?
Anyone that can provide a brief explanation ?

The one I am pointing at in the Pic is by Google. This is the one most download and use. The one to the left is the Samsung stock app. I don't know if RCS is active on anything outside of Pixel Phones on Verizon and I think there were Samsung Devices supported on ATT but it was the stock app. I can't answer for other carriers.

Attachments

• 2027.jpg
    2027.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 273

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Android Messages here. Mixed feelings. I want T-Mo RCS when it hits, and I like the web-based access to do SMS from my computers. But the app itself won't let me change universal notifications, instead making me go into each conversation individually to change the notification to what I want. Silly.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth between Mood Messenger and stock. Right now I'm trying out Google Messages, just for something new. I really wanted Allo to survive....it could have been great, but with no SMS, it was doomed to fail.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android Messages here. Mixed feelings. I want T-Mo RCS when it hits, and I like the web-based access to do SMS from my computers. But the app itself won't let me change universal notifications, instead making me go into each conversation individually to change the notification to what I want. Silly.

TMobile version has RCS ..

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
You have video chat through the dialer , can read and see other people writing message

* inside T-Mobile's network only, not across networks
* using only the Samsung app, not Google Messages--which as I've said, I use

Universal RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile, which pretty much means RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
* inside T-Mobile's network only, not across networks
* using only the Samsung app, not Google Messages--which as I've said, I use

Universal RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile, which pretty much means RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile.

To my understanding to whichever carrier support this you can see RCS with TMobile and another carrier, if you using another message app like Android messages then I can't say for sure .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers