04-12-2019 11:01 PM
85 123 ...
tools
    I'm using Android messages currently but I do like stock as well.
    kct1975 and radgatt like this.
    03-24-2019 05:37 AM
    Android Messages here. Love it.
    kct1975 and radgatt like this.
    03-24-2019 06:20 AM
    This has been a confusing topic for me. The App called Messages was, I quess s Samsung App? Then I read about RCS so I downloaded another App from the store called Messages? The only difference is that one says “Start Chat” and sometimes allows me to auto copy all these temp codes you need when using a new device to log into other Apps...
    Since some ***** named them the same exact name I am still not exactly sure which is the better of the two?
    Anyone that can provide a brief explanation ?
    03-24-2019 07:33 AM
    This has been a confusing topic for me. The App called Messages was, I quess s Samsung App? Then I read about RCS so I downloaded another App from the store called Messages? The only difference is that one says “Start Chat” and sometimes allows me to auto copy all these temp codes you need when using a new device to log into other Apps...
    Since some ***** named them the same exact name I am still not exactly sure which is the better of the two?
    Anyone that can provide a brief explanation ?
    The one I am pointing at in the Pic is by Google. This is the one most download and use. The one to the left is the Samsung stock app. I don't know if RCS is active on anything outside of Pixel Phones on Verizon and I think there were Samsung Devices supported on ATT but it was the stock app. I can't answer for other carriers.
    Attached Thumbnails Which SMS app is everyone using?-2027.jpg  
    03-24-2019 07:43 AM
    The stock messenger seems better on this phone than it seemed in past Samsungs. Maybe it's just me.
    libra89 and bbfanatic11 like this.
    03-24-2019 07:47 AM
    Textra.
    medic22003 likes this.
    03-24-2019 07:50 AM
    Android Messages here. Mixed feelings. I want T-Mo RCS when it hits, and I like the web-based access to do SMS from my computers. But the app itself won't let me change universal notifications, instead making me go into each conversation individually to change the notification to what I want. Silly.
    03-24-2019 07:51 AM
    Textra for me.
    03-24-2019 07:57 AM
    I go back and forth between Mood Messenger and stock. Right now I'm trying out Google Messages, just for something new. I really wanted Allo to survive....it could have been great, but with no SMS, it was doomed to fail.
    radgatt likes this.
    03-24-2019 08:10 AM
    03-24-2019 08:22 AM
    Using stock. If I decide to change it'll be back to Textra.
    03-24-2019 08:43 AM
    stock. texta didn't move all my text messages over
    03-24-2019 08:49 AM
    Textra
    03-24-2019 08:54 AM
    Also using Textra.
    03-24-2019 09:06 AM
    stock. texta didn't move all my text messages over
    Smart switch did that for me
    03-24-2019 09:08 AM
    Android Messages here. Mixed feelings. I want T-Mo RCS when it hits, and I like the web-based access to do SMS from my computers. But the app itself won't let me change universal notifications, instead making me go into each conversation individually to change the notification to what I want. Silly.
    TMobile version has RCS ..
    03-24-2019 09:12 AM
    TMobile version has RCS ..
    ???? Not here...

Yes, it has web previews. But it's plain SMS.

You'll know you have RCS when SMS Backup and Restore has nothing to back up.
    03-24-2019 09:40 AM
    ???? Not here...

Yes, it has web previews. But it's plain SMS.

You'll know you have RCS when SMS Backup and Restore has nothing to back up.
    You have video chat through the dialer , can read and see other people writing message
    03-24-2019 09:55 AM
    You have video chat through the dialer , can read and see other people writing message
    * inside T-Mobile's network only, not across networks
    * using only the Samsung app, not Google Messages--which as I've said, I use

Universal RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile, which pretty much means RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile.
    03-24-2019 10:16 AM
    * inside T-Mobile's network only, not across networks
    * using only the Samsung app, not Google Messages--which as I've said, I use

Universal RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile, which pretty much means RCS has yet to hit T-Mobile.
    To my understanding to whichever carrier support this you can see RCS with TMobile and another carrier, if you using another message app like Android messages then I can't say for sure .
    03-24-2019 10:29 AM
    I've been using GoSMS pro, for texting to groups, private inbox, and other minor features. Does Google message or Textra allow for those features?
    03-24-2019 10:30 AM
    I am using stock. I tried using Textra on my S10+ but there were several glitches and many messages did not transfer over from my S8+.
    03-24-2019 10:30 AM
    To my understanding to whichever carrier support this you can see RCS with TMobile and another carrier, if you using another message app like Android messages then I can't say for sure .
    Which is my whole point. Until it's truly universal, it might as well not exist. I use Google Messages for a couple specific reasons; if T-Mobile doesn't support RCS through something like that, then RCS might as well just be another iMessage disaster.
    03-24-2019 10:40 AM
    I've been using GoSMS pro, for texting to groups, private inbox, and other minor features. Does Google message or Textra allow for those features?
    Groups, yes. Private inbox, I don't think so.

Other notable features of Google Messages:

* very easy sharing to SMS from other apps; it lists your latest conversations as targets for sharing, instead of simply showing you a blank message and letting you type in the recipients

* web based messaging via messages.android.com. It mirrors what's on your phone, and uses your phone for the actual messaging, but it gives you computer-based access to all of it via web browser. I find it extremely handy, and frankly a deal-breaker when it comes to moving to Samsung Messages. I'd much rather have the web-based access vs RCS at this point.
    03-24-2019 10:43 AM
    Which is my whole point. Until it's truly universal, it might as well not exist. I use Google Messages for a couple specific reasons; if T-Mobile doesn't support RCS through something like that, then RCS might as well just be another iMessage disaster.
    Well hopefully it will become more universal soon .
    03-24-2019 10:44 AM
85 123 ...