09-08-2019 01:20 PM
95 1234
tools
    I would almost always put a Zagg screen protector on until my last 2 phones I think. The screen held up almost scratch free, although I do try and be careful with it. I decided to leave the screen protector on this phone but I'm already ready to remove it as it's all nicked up in a few spots, something I never had with my Zagg protectors. Makes me think the Samsung installed one is not exactly great quality to be this scratched up this fast despite treating the phone no different than my previous ones.

How is everyone else's doing?
    Three weeks and doing just fine.
    03-28-2019 09:37 PM
    What are you guys are doing to your phones? I've had mine since Mar 6th and my screen protector looks perfect.
    Some people use it more often and vigorously
    03-28-2019 09:38 PM
    Some people use it more often and vigorously
    Uh, no, not more often. If you mean vigorously as in carelessly, yes. I put my phone in my side pocket or back pocket when needed. I use mine pretty much all day at work using my map and Road Warrior app.
    03-28-2019 09:44 PM
    Uh, no, not more often. If you mean vigorously as in carelessly, yes. I put my phone in my side pocket or back pocket when needed. I use mine pretty much all day at work using my map and Road Warrior app.
    My work environment , puts fair amount of scratches on my screen protectors , does that mean I'm careless?
    03-28-2019 09:51 PM
    I wasn't referring to you specifically.....I'm just as careful as can be and the plastic had a small scratch. Nothing actually worth removing the screen protector for but I had to to install a Whitestone Dome for a review. The plastic ones don't last that long. In the end I prefer glass anyway it's just that much smoother so the pre-installed one wasn't bad considering it was plastic.
    03-28-2019 09:55 PM
    I wasn't referring to you specifically.....I'm just as careful as can be and the plastic had a small scratch. Nothing actually worth removing the screen protector for but I had to to install a Whitestone Dome for a review. The plastic ones don't last that long. In the end I prefer glass anyway it's just that much smoother so the pre-installed one wasn't bad considering it was plastic.
    I'm impressed with how smooth the factory protector is. I don't trust is to a hard impact, but for light scratching, mine is doing great.
    tadpoles and kct1975 like this.
    03-28-2019 10:01 PM
    I'm impressed with how smooth the factory protector is. I don't trust is to a hard impact, but for light scratching, mine is doing great.
    It is pretty smooth, especially because it's not that soft rubbery wet applied type plastic. It's very reminiscent of the plastic protectors that were around before tempered glass, but in taking it off I noticed said it was thinner then I would have liked compared to the old style.
    03-28-2019 10:05 PM
    I still haven't noticed any scratches on my stock protector but I've also not held it up under a light looking for any scratches either. I hope they stay unnoticeable.
    03-29-2019 01:48 PM
    I still haven't noticed any scratches on my stock protector but I've also not held it up under a light looking for any scratches either. I hope they stay unnoticeable.
    Send it over....I'll put it through the paces to see how it holds up.🔪🔪🔪
    mustang7757 and kct1975 like this.
    03-29-2019 03:52 PM
    Send it over....I'll put it through the paces to see how it holds up.
    Lol!
    03-29-2019 03:54 PM
    Same! I am really careful with my phone but I just noticed a small scratch. Not enough for me to take it off just yet. Also I am def trading in to get the Note 10 so I can live with it for 5 months.

I didn't think I was going to miss the spen so much. Once I get the Note 10, I think I am done for two years on buying phones.
    eohm1234 likes this.
    03-29-2019 06:38 PM
    Same! I am really careful with my phone but I just noticed a small scratch. Not enough for me to take it off just yet. Also I am def trading in to get the Note 10 so I can live with it for 5 months.

I didn't think I was going to miss the spen so much. Once I get the Note 10, I think I am done for two years on buying phones.
    That's how I am with this phone my husband said we're not trading next year I need to be happy with this one. So I got to keep this for 2 years. I don't have a problem with that I love it so far. 5g won't be out for so long that I'm good with this one. and yes I've thought about waiting for the 5G phone due to battery and bigger screen but this one is just perfect for me and my small hands I love it.

And I've been very careful when I put it in my pocket during work but nothing else is in my pocket I'm doing my best to not mess up this protector.
    03-29-2019 06:52 PM

Once I get the Note 10, I think I am done for two years on buying phones.
    Famous last words... Lol
    03-29-2019 08:26 PM
    Mine is looking pretty good, I'm going to order some liquid glass and then take the screen protector off
    03-30-2019 07:20 AM
    What are you guys are doing to your phones? I've had mine since Mar 6th and my screen protector looks perfect.
    Nothing at all. My s9+ is used the same way without one and has no marks. That screen protector scratches very easy. I guess by being in my pocket or when I carry both phones together, maybe they rub against each other.
    03-30-2019 12:46 PM
    ...in my pocket or when I carry both phones together, maybe they rub against each other.
    03-31-2019 03:21 PM
    That's carrying in my hand only. Been doing that on my s7 edge, s9 plus for years and never an issue. The screen protector is cheap and scratches easy.
    03-31-2019 03:29 PM
    Just fine after three weeks.
    03-31-2019 03:37 PM
    I wrote too soon. Sunday I noticed a nice knick on one of the factory protectors. I’m anal and didn’t even wanna use the phone after I saw that. I ordered the OTAO protectors and they should be arriving today. I do hope they install flawlessly and look good.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-02-2019 01:49 PM
    Mine is looking great after a week, I like the fact it doesn't show fingerprints like I'm sure the GG would...
    04-03-2019 07:10 AM
    It gone.

Phone slid off the bed and the scrape it made on the protector looked like a crack. Took it off to look at the crack and the "crack" came off with the screen protector.
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-03-2019 03:46 PM
    It gone.

Phone slid off the bed and the scrape it made on the protector looked like a crack. Took it off to look at the crack and the "crack" came off with the screen protector.
    So, it saved your screen?
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-03-2019 07:13 PM
    Have my S10+ over 45 days now and it's still perfect. I keep wondering what the people who scratch and smudge their screen protector do with their phones?
    11B1P likes this.
    04-11-2019 05:21 PM
    Scratching up pretty good as expected. I'll leave it on a little longer. Plastic scratches way to easy. I don't have that issue with just the glass screen.
    04-11-2019 06:15 PM
    Mine got scratched up this weekend so I took it off and put on the Whitestone Dome that I purchased before I bought the phone. Now my FPS hardly works. It worked great with the factory screen protector.
    Same here - the Whitestone def messes with the fingerprint sensor. And yes, I did redo the fingerprints. I’m now back with an original Samsung one and no issues at all
    04-12-2019 12:12 AM
95 1234