How is your pre-installed screen protector holding up?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I would almost always put a Zagg screen protector on until my last 2 phones I think. The screen held up almost scratch free, although I do try and be careful with it. I decided to leave the screen protector on this phone but I'm already ready to remove it as it's all nicked up in a few spots, something I never had with my Zagg protectors. Makes me think the Samsung installed one is not exactly great quality to be this scratched up this fast despite treating the phone no different than my previous ones.

How is everyone else's doing?

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still perfect but I put it in a case and haven't removed it. Once it has damage I'll put my spigen plastic one on.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I took mine off after about a week. I noticed the FPS/home button area was already becoming matte from heavy use and it bugged me. Made the FPS more reliable after I took it off too

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Mine is showing a few wear areas after less than 2 weeks. I also have a large scuff by fingerprint sensor. I plan to remove and install a Skinomi screen protector soon.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any wear around the FPS, but I mostly keep it unlocked with smart lock or have been using facial recognition since I just recently got the FPS to work reliably.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine got gouged within a few days. I had pre-ordered the ZAGG before I knew that the phone came with a screen protector already installed. After the gouge happened, I decided to try the ZAGG. It actually installed very easily, and I like the feel of it. The pre-installed protector was fine while it lasted. Who knows how long the ZAGG will last.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still installed and loooks as good as it did day 1. I'm quite liking it. It doesn'r seem to pick up fingerprints or other smudges like most screen protectors. It's staying on until it starts showing wear.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes my husband's is already messed up in a spot. I'll keep mine on when I get the phone until it messes up then go to the Zagg kiosk and get one put on. I'm guessing it will work good week the FPS.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Mine got scratched up this weekend so I took it off and put on the Whitestone Dome that I purchased before I bought the phone. Now my FPS hardly works. It worked great with the factory screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza