I'm assuming this is an issue with the phone rather than Android Pie as I had no problems with my recently departed S8 running the same software.

I have always set my phones to auto restart once a week at something like 2am to ensure they are regularly "refreshed". I use Caynax Alarm Clock which I have always found to be ruggedly reliable at getting me up in the mornings ... indeed until I got the S10 it has never let me down.

I understand the criteria of a successful auto restart so I do not need to be reminded of these.

Since getting the S10 i have found that on the night of the restart the alarm is not going off the following morning. On checking my phone I find I am unable to open it with a finger print but I have to swipe and enter my pin. I've no problem with this but having done it I get told the phone is starting which explains why my alarm has not gone off!

In other words the phone is not auto restarting ... its waiting for me to manually complete the restart. That's no good to me!

My workround has been to set "auto half restart" for 2am on a Sunday morning - but is there a way of making the phone complete the job for me properly?!

I'm sure it'll turn out that I'm doing something wrong (it usually does!) but grateful for any advice/assistance.
    03-25-2019 05:53 AM
    I'm assuming this is an issue with the phone rather than Android Pie as I had no problems with my recently departed S8 running the same software.

I have always set my phones to auto restart once a week at something like 2am to ensure they are regularly "refreshed". I use Caynax Alarm Clock which I have always found to be ruggedly reliable at getting me up in the mornings ... indeed until I got the S10 it has never let me down.

I understand the criteria of a successful auto restart so I do not need to be reminded of these.

Since getting the S10 i have found that on the night of the restart the alarm is not going off the following morning. On checking my phone I find I am unable to open it with a finger print but I have to swipe and enter my pin. I've no problem with this but having done it I get told the phone is starting which explains why my alarm has not gone off!

In other words the phone is not auto restarting ... its waiting for me to manually complete the restart. That's no good to me!

My workround has been to set "auto half restart" for 2am on a Sunday morning - but is there a way of making the phone complete the job for me properly?!

I'm sure it'll turn out that I'm doing something wrong (it usually does!) but grateful for any advice/assistance.
    Erm.there used to be Secure Startup or Secure Boot or whatsover but it has been removed.

Strong Protection does not affect it.
    Attached Thumbnails Auto Restart Problem-screenshot_20190325-171806_settings.jpg  
    03-25-2019 06:18 AM
    You can turn it off in settings. settings > biometrics & security > other security settings > strong protection, then toggle on or off.
    OrangeBerry02 likes this.
    03-25-2019 06:28 AM
    I use the stock alarm clock and I have no issues even on auto restart.
    03-25-2019 06:32 AM
    You can turn it off in settings. settings > biometrics & security > other security settings > strong protection, then toggle on or off.
    Strong Protection is different...give it a try...
    OrangeBerry02 likes this.
    03-25-2019 06:35 AM
    Thanks guys ... my problem solved. Most grateful!
    03-25-2019 09:01 AM