Battery ring for punch hole

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been using Energy Bar since my S9+ and I love that, but I'm not sure I would like this.

Yeah they been around for while, curious see how good it works it says in description no load on CPU it wakes once and goes back to sleep, I would try it but not available yet on the s10+

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
This is now available on the S10+. Just downloaded it on my phone. I like it.

Edit: Does not work when your phone is on Always on Display. Maybe I have to change the settings or something. Will check later.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Pretty slick! Installed it, set the ring color to match my theme, and turned off the battery icon and percentage in the notification bar.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
energy ring for 10/10+

Has anyone seen / used the app Energy Ring? Kinda cool that can have your battery meter go around the camera cut out but wondering if this will lead to screen burn since it stays on when your screen is on. If you are gaming or a long session with social media not what not would that cause concern or would it take a very long time to have that happen ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: energy ring for 10/10+

The ring around the camera is an LED, not part of the screen.

[Threads merged]

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The potential for burn-in prevents me from considering this.

Has anyone seen / used the app Energy Ring? Kinda cool that can have your battery meter go around the camera cut out but wondering if this will lead to screen burn since it stays on when your screen is on. If you are gaming or a long session with social media not what not would that cause concern or would it take a very long time to have that happen ?

From the author on the homepage on the Google Play store:

"Screen burn-in:
The original variant of the App, Energy Bar has been used over several years by users on their AMOLED devices, there has been no complains. But there is no claim that it may not happen.

Samsung automatically moves few pixels every now and then to avoid screen burn-in which includes Energy Ring moving away from its original position. This change in position will however be visible only when you have set its thickness to minimum."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz