Defective Galaxy S10 plus smh

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Received my device today and took the sim card from my iPhone and put it into the new phone. I got no service bars etc. I called At&t and they then activated the card that came with the phone, told me to put the new card into the phone and reset it. I do this and then neither card is getting service. I go by At&t and they check it out and even try putting a new sim card into the phone to no avail. Device doesn't have "No sim" message so the phone does know the card is there but I am not able to make calls, use data ,etc. At&t rep tells me to go to "Ubreakifix" because they have Samsung cares. I go there and they do a reset and change the motherboard and still no luck. Looks like its not meant to happen. Anyone else have these issues?? They told me to contact Samsung. MAJOR BUMMER!!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't have taken it to ubreakifix for a brand new phone. I would have demanded an exchange or return.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Go to an AT&T store. I've heard of some companies not knowing how to activate phones bought directly from Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Received my device today and took the sim card from my iPhone and put it into the new phone. I got no service bars etc. I called At&t and they then activated the card that came with the phone, told me to put the new card into the phone and reset it. I do this and then neither card is getting service. I go by At&t and they check it out and even try putting a new sim card into the phone to no avail. Device doesn't have "No sim" message so the phone does know the card is there but I am not able to make calls, use data ,etc. At&t rep tells me to go to "Ubreakifix" because they have Samsung cares. I go there and they do a reset and change the motherboard and still no luck. Looks like its not meant to happen. Anyone else have these issues?? They told me to contact Samsung. MAJOR BUMMER!!

If you put that new sim into your iPhone are you able to make calls and data?

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I was also having a similar issue, I ended up having to swap my sim from iPhone to s10+ maybe 6 or 7 times before it finally gave me service

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you got Samsung premium care contact them and save the headache of dealing with Samsung. I had to exchange mine because of charging port issue. Samsung solution was to return the phone and then order another phone. One rep said to contact the Samsung premium care, so I did. They replaced the phone no problem, no deductible, and got a brand new phone.

Samsung premium care one number is. You even get someone that speaks good English. Samsung premium care is thru asurion.

866-371-9501

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you got Samsung premium care contact them and save the headache of dealing with Samsung. I had to exchange mine because of charging port issue. Samsung solution was to return the phone and then order another phone. One rep said to contact the Samsung premium care, so I did. They replaced the phone no problem, no deductible, and got a brand new phone.

Samsung premium care one number is. You even get someone that speaks good English. Samsung premium care is thru

866-371-9501

True Samsung said all
They can do is return no exchanges.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Samsung premium care one number is. You even get someone that speaks good English. Samsung premium care is thru asurion.

866-371-9501

Thanks for the advice. Called them as I was headed to FEDEX for the return. They're gonna send me a replacement device. Should be here by Monday.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The At&t rep suggested it. The thing is I got it from Samsung.com so thats makes it more difficult.

Definitely get an exchange. A brand new phone doesn't go to the repair shop. The rep that was suggesting it so he didn't have to deal with you. There is zero reason as to why a brand new phone wouldn't be exchanged for a defect / issue.