Smart lock good for about 2 days.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I found going into smart unlock, locations, select location, hit edit at bottom, touch the map and drag the pin to where you actually are seems to improve the accuracy.
also you could make a couple more locations saved but at the same place since I've noticed the pin moves around. (even though the map shows a radius I find there are times it doesn't catch it)

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I can sympathize with the OP on this one. To me, the location-based Smart Lock never has worked very well or for very long. Same problems as the OP describes, and I think I've tried every tip and trick I've seen already listed here and everywhere else I've found via Google searches and nothing helps for very long if at all. Same problems on two different S8s, and same thing on my S10. It'll work great for a while, then just randomly stop, some days it works all day, then get up the next morning and nothing. Go to work all week, then when I get home 2-3 days a week it will start working normally when I get home, other days nothing. You go into the Smart Lock like you want to add the location, and it will pop up that you are in the exact location it already has on the trusted list. About 50% of the time it will start working after doing this, other times not. I pretty threw in the towel on the S8. Was very hopeful that it would work on the S10, but same crap on this too. Just enjoy when it works, live with it when it doesn't. Frustrating "feature" for sure.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
this is the only Android phone I've ever had where smart Lock works the vast majority of the time. It works so well that I rarely need to use the fingerprint scanner.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I've given up on Smart Lock, when it works, works great, but only works for a short period of time. This has been the same since I was on the Nexus 6P and every android phone I've used after. Seems they introduced the feature and have done nothing with it since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae