Pulled the notification shade down to clear a notification from Best Buy. As soon as I hit the clear button the phone locked up and was 100% unresponsive. Screen went black and it was totally dead. Would not power up or anything.

After about 5 minutes the little slider for Samsung Pay popped up and I was able to activate Samsung Pay. Holding the power button down while Samsung Pay was up finally gave me the option to shut down or restart.

Restarted and everything is back to normal but that was a close one.

Any idea what could have caused this problem?
    03-30-2019 03:09 PM
    Pulled the notification shade down to clear a notification from Best Buy. As soon as I hit the clear button the phone locked up and was 100% unresponsive. Screen went black and it was totally dead. Would not power up or anything.

After about 5 minutes the little slider for Samsung Pay popped up and I was able to activate Samsung Pay. Holding the power button down while Samsung Pay was up finally gave me the option to shut down or restart.

Restarted and everything is back to normal but that was a close one.

Any idea what could have caused this problem?
    Yeah, I've been noticing some funny stuff as well especially when I'm making some changes in settings. Thankfully I've been able to reset when these things happen. I know it's not the apps because I'm very particular about which apps I install on my device. I recently disabled 'turn on wifi automatically' setting because my phone was running hot in my pocket while I was driving. I figured it was that setting because I saw wifi turned on and I hardly ever turn it on except only at work. No wifi at my place.
    03-31-2019 06:30 AM
    Yea, this thing went stone dead. Nothing I tried would bring life into it. Jet black screen and finally the Samsung Pay slider popped up on the very bottom and from there I was able to restart the phone.

Never had a phone drop so dead and I've had a ton of phones over the years.
    03-31-2019 01:35 PM