April Security Update released (Verizon)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any mention of a FPS update in this release?

If you click my link it only shows for power share and camera .

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/04/01/verizon-march-security-update-galaxy-s10/

Verizon’s rolling out a new update for the Galaxy S10

Verizon has begun rolling out a new update for the Samsung Galaxy S10 , bundling a number of essential bug fixes, stability improvements and speed optimizations; two of the most notable of which improve the performance of both the Camera and Wireless PowerShare. The upgrade also bundles all of the patches baked into last month’s Security Maintenance Release (SMR), including eight critical and dozens of high-risk vulnerabilities in the Android OS, and eleven that are exclusive to Samsung’s firmware, known as SVEs. It’s the same update Samsung started distributing for the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e in Europe last week, before later pulling out without so much as an explanation — leading us to question why exactly Samsung terminated the rollout and when it will resume it. Verizon, à la Samsung, is distributing the upgrade in stages. To see if it’s available for your handset, head into Settings , navigate to Software Update , then select Download Updates Manually , or you can download the firmware from our database to flash it on to your device using a PC.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's from sammobile I dont think they play around ..maybe try smart switch to the computer see if anything that way

Ok my thinking it going out to the s10 version first then s10 plus or s10e
Can anyone confirm what the model number is on their regular s10 SM-G973. As the s10+ is SM-G975

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok my thinking it going out to the s10 version first then s10 plus or s10e
Can anyone confirm what the model number is on their regular s10 SM-G973. As the s10+ is SM-G975

You do remember what happened the last time you started thinking?

Attachments

• 2638.jpg
    2638.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 31

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Evidentially I went from the winning team to the losing team. Used to be that unlocked devices got updates first, and usually from the source. These days all I'm seeing is that unlocked versions get everything last, sometimes if at all. And what's with the Plus models being dead last? I had an HTC U12+ and the HTC U12e was getting updates left and right. OK not both left and right but more than the +. Even some of their older models were getting updates but not their big flagship. SMH. Now I'm with Sammy and it's the same thing all over again. Verizon is so heavy handed when it comes to updates it'll probably be May before I see the March update, you know since I went rouge on them and all with my Unlocked phone. I'm out of contract with them, own all of my devices and have not real commitment to them except for service and familiarity, guess they don't think anyone will leave but savings talk.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Evidentially I went from the winning team to the losing team. Used to be that unlocked devices got updates first, and usually from the source. These days all I'm seeing is that unlocked versions get everything last, sometimes if at all. And what's with the Plus models being dead last? I had an HTC U12+ and the HTC U12e was getting updates left and right. OK not both left and right but more than the +. Even some of their older models were getting updates but not their big flagship. SMH. Now I'm with Sammy and it's the same thing all over again. Verizon is so heavy handed when it comes to updates it'll probably be May before I see the March update, you know since I went rouge on them and all with my Unlocked phone. I'm out of contract with them, own all of my devices and have not real commitment to them except for service and familiarity, guess they don't think anyone will leave but savings talk.

No one has gotten it yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo