Hi,

This is my 2nd post on this site, and thanks for everyone's help.

Has anyone been experiencing issues with Google Play Music on the S10+? When I'm using the app, it will just restart itself (either when playing or browsing). Even after forcing stop - clearing cache - restarting app or phone - it persists.

I opened a ticket with Google Play Music / YouTube Music and although they've been looking into it, there is still not fix. I noticed that when sorting reviews by device model in the APP STORE - that others have experienced the same thing.

Anyone here experience this? Any solutions?

Thank you!
    04-02-2019 09:46 AM
    Any power-saving modes turned on? Or do you have any 3rd party "RAM cleaner" apps installed?

This shouldn't matter, but you could try going to the Battery Optimization system menu and change Play Music to Not Optimized and see if that helps.
    04-02-2019 01:06 PM
    Any power-saving modes turned on? Or do you have any 3rd party "RAM cleaner" apps installed?

This shouldn't matter, but you could try going to the Battery Optimization system menu and change Play Music to Not Optimized and see if that helps.
    I tried it - and that works! I removed Google Play Music app from the Battery Optimization.

Am I going to be losing out anything else?

Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-04-2019 01:55 PM
    I don't think so, because unless you're actively playing anything with GPM, I doubt it'll use much battery at all just paused in the background.
    04-04-2019 04:40 PM
    My GPM is messed up, too. I will go into a playlist, hit shuffle, and play the first song from that playlist. Then for whatever reason, it will skip to another playlist and start playing it. I have to manually go in, every single time and tap "play next" for it to stay in the playlist I prefer. Super annoying!!
    04-06-2019 04:15 PM
    My GPM is messed up, too. I will go into a playlist, hit shuffle, and play the first song from that playlist. Then for whatever reason, it will skip to another playlist and start playing it. I have to manually go in, every single time and tap "play next" for it to stay in the playlist I prefer. Super annoying!!
    Have you tried clearing the app cache/data for Google Play Music in Settings>Apps​?
    04-07-2019 03:22 AM