S10+ Screen resolution keeps changing

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Thought I would post here on this subject as I am at a loss as to what is causing this. For some reason, I'll be using my phone and notice the display is not as vibrant and smooth looking, I was poking around trying to figure it out and found that the screen resolution was change back to FHD. Problem solved? Wrong! Later on in the day I noticed it again and sure enough, resolution changed back to FHD. This has happened about 5 times today and really frustrating. I cleared the cache partion and same results. I thought a reboot may have been causing it, but I just rebooted and it stayed at WQHD.

Anyone else experience or notice this? Probably someone really stupid and I'm just missing something. I did a quick Google search but didn't find anything. Thanks all!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thought I would post here on this subject as I am at a loss as to what is causing this. For some reason, I'll be using my phone and notice the display is not as vibrant and smooth looking, I was poking around trying to figure it out and found that the screen resolution was change back to FHD. Problem solved? Wrong! Later on in the day I noticed it again and sure enough, resolution changed back to FHD. This has happened about 5 times today and really frustrating. I cleared the cache partion and same results. I thought a reboot may have been causing it, but I just rebooted and it stayed at WQHD.

Anyone else experience or notice this? Probably someone really stupid and I'm just missing something. I did a quick Google search but didn't find anything. Thanks all!

Do you have adaptive power saving toggled on in power saving mode?

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Do you have adaptive power saving toggled on in power saving mode?
I have adaptive power saving enabled, but that specifically states it will not change screen resolution. The power mode is set to optimized, which is what I've always had it set to, but this is the first time I've had this issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have adaptive power saving enabled, but that specifically states it will not change screen resolution. The power mode is set to optimized, which is what I've always had it set to, but this is the first time I've had this issue.

If you set the resolution to WQHD and goes back to FHD that adaptive power saving mode will change it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, confusing because it specifically says it won't do that.View attachment 301432

I know and I've been through this , in that adaptive power saving mode after some time it will switch to medium mode then back to optimized, now to get around this I've tested is in medium power mode select your screen resolution and it wont change again , so keep in display settings WQHD and then in medium mode WQHD then it wont switch anymore

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I know and I've been through this , in that adaptive power saving mode after some time it will switch to medium mode then back to optimized, now to get around this I've tested is in medium power mode select your screen resolution and it wont change again , so keep in display settings WQHD and then in medium mode WQHD then it wont switch anymore
Interesting, what a terrible implementation, unless it is in fact a bug. You would think even if it does switch it to medium, the fact that it says it won't change resolution, it wouldn't change the resolution. Thanks for the tip.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Interesting, what a terrible implementation, unless it is in fact a bug. You would think even if it does switch it to medium, the fact that it says it won't change resolution, it wouldn't change the resolution. Thanks for the tip.

It must be a bug, but dont forget medium power saves more then optimized so if you dont set the default resolution in there it should go down in resolution if that makes sense.
Your welcome!

Last edited:

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I followed these instructions, and confirm that it works for me. No more changing of the resolution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae