Chrome vs Samsung Browser

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Chrome on all my phones for years. I started playing with the Samsung browser and it seems nice. Has anyone really compared the two and have opinions on pros and cons?

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I only use Samsung browser now, since has a high contrast mode in accessibility settings. Makes backgrounds black. Also just as fast and more features than Chrome.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
The reason I've stayed with Chrome is that I use it on my computer as well. So, the real time syncing is important to me. This way my bookmarks, previous searches, and autofill information are available in real time regardless of which device I'm on.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
For me Samsung browser on Android is the nicest one for me.

I didn't like it two days ago after my Pie update (Note 8) because they embedded the favorites button in the options area making it 3 steps to choose a fav. But they updated the browser last night and all is well.

I believe it uses the Chromium project so it's pretty much a Chrome browser so performance I find identical as far as loading pages and most features like drag down to reload a page and swipe left and right on address bar to swipe tabs.

But for me the UI in Samsung is just more friendly and faster... just having the back, forward, (especially the) favorites, tab buttons on the bottom makes all the difference in the world.

If anyone can tell me if it's possible to put those options on the bottom in Chrome please let me know and I might change because the one feature in Chrome that I have been wishing for since leaving iOS has just been added... swiping left and right to go back and forward webpages!!

You have to enable it in flags (chrome://flags/#enable-gesture-navigation) but it works so nice. Unfortunately, the flag doesn't show in Samsung flags.

So for now. Samsung Internet Browser FTW.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The reason I've stayed with Chrome is that I use it on my computer as well. So, the real time syncing is important to me. This way my bookmarks, previous searches, and autofill information are available in real time regardless of which device I'm on.

I believe the Samsung browser has an add-on that can do this as well.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to using the Samsung browser as my goto now.

OMG it runs so much nicer than Chrome. Performance for me is night and day. It's so smooth while scrolling, unlike Chrome, which is very choppy when scrolling sites.

Also I love the dark mode on the Samsung browser. I dunno why it is taking Google so long to implement it.

Sure, not having bookmark sync to my desktop Chrome is a bummer, but there is a desktop Chrome extension that you can import your bookmarks into the Samsung Browser.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I only use Samsung browser now, since has a high contrast mode in accessibility settings. Makes backgrounds black. Also just as fast and more features than Chrome.

Yeah the way how it actually goes dark is everything. I am a big fan of the fact that it makes white pages dark automatically because I have dark mode on.

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Samsung browser (to me anyways) is a smoother and has a fingerprint login option.

I switched to it mid life of galaxy s8 and I never went back since. Its seriously amazing.

The only reason I liked chrome so much was because it synced with my macbook, but after that I tried safari on my macbook and wow it not only saves battery it again is smoother and has more clean looking

so no chrome for me anymore

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it in the past. It's an extension in the Chrome browser, but the syncing was not real-time. It was daily but periodic.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
SAMSUNG.

Offers more and takes advantage of features.

I also use Safari on my iPhone for the same reasons. Before it was always Chrome.

This shows why I will not pay for Google's Pixel, not anymore after buying the first, it just doesn't offer anything.

torbjornhb

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Fell in love with the Samsung browser, especially after I installed the plugin that syncs the bookmarks to Chrome. Really like the shortcuts in the Samsung browser.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Samsung Internet. Still invested in Chrome as I use a Chromebook for most of my computing needs, but switched to SI about 2 years & I haven't looked back. With the extension on Chrome, all bookmarks see synced. Integration with Samsung Pass is a plus as well.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Chrome on all my phones for years. I started playing with the Samsung browser and it seems nice. Has anyone really compared the two and have opinions on pros and cons?
Chrome gets disabled on any phone I'm using Samsung or not and the Samsung browser gets added with adblock plus. I hate chrome on Android, I will use it on the PC but only because I can get ad block and themes.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I like the Samsung browser as well. I use it most of the time now myself. I also use Firefox for Android. I rarely use Chrome.