Phone locking before Google assistant responds...

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey all loving my s10 but having a weird issue with the Google assistant which I use a lot... It seems to be fine if the phone is already unlocked. If the phone is locked I say "okay google" it unlocks I ask my question and before Google responds the phone locks and I have to unlock it to see the response...

Hope my rambling makes sense... Anyone else see the before...?

Thanks,

-Corey

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Initially I thought with the way you described how you were doing this it was an issue of you waiting until the device appeared to be open before asking the question. In this scenario you say "Ok Google"... wait for the screen to light and the assistant to appear, then ask your question. I was going to recommend that you try this scenario instead, say "Ok Google, then proceed to ask your question without pause or hesitation." However when I tried it both ways I had no issues with the screen timing out on either attempt. In fact it stayed on for what seemed a very long time after it had answered my question... So then I thought perhaps it was a screen timeout issue. I turned my screen timeout down to 15 sec., the lowest it can go, and replayed both scenarios and again no issue. Are you asking really long questions? Stammering or stumbling while you speak? I can not reproduce your experience, perhaps there is some detail you can think of that you are leaving out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all loving my s10 but having a weird issue with the Google assistant which I use a lot... It seems to be fine if the phone is already unlocked. If the phone is locked I say "okay google" it unlocks I ask my question and before Google responds the phone locks and I have to unlock it to see the response...

Hope my rambling makes sense... Anyone else see the before...?

Thanks,

-Corey

Do you have this setup on your Google assistant? Locke screen personal results

Attachments

• 2192.jpg
    2192.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Initially I thought with the way you described how you were doing this it was an issue of you waiting until the device appeared to be open before asking the question. In this scenario you say "Ok Google"... wait for the screen to light and the assistant to appear, then ask your question. I was going to recommend that you try this scenario instead, say "Ok Google, then proceed to ask your question without pause or hesitation." However when I tried it both ways I had no issues with the screen timing out on either attempt. In fact it stayed on for what seemed a very long time after it had answered my question... So then I thought perhaps it was a screen timeout issue. I turned my screen timeout down to 15 sec., the lowest it can go, and replayed both scenarios and again no issue. Are you asking really long questions? Stammering or stumbling while you speak? I can not reproduce your experience, perhaps there is some detail you can think of that you are leaving out.
Nope just say ok Google then "what's the temperature outside" for example...

I've tried shorter ones too and when I unlock the phone the results are displayed...

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Went through all my settings and nothing is standing out... lock screen is not listed under personal results...

Completely at a loss lol...

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I have both of those options selected...
40247a474f2ec2c5a7f3ab535af607c6.jpg

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
It's very limited what you can do for security of your data .
Agreed, but I dont keep a lot of sensitive data on my phone... I need to fix this issue though because I'm having a hard time making phone calls, etc. while driving as it locks when I tell it to call someone and doesn't call them lol...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agreed, but I dont keep a lot of sensitive data on my phone... I need to fix this issue though because I'm having a hard time making phone calls, etc. while driving as it locks when I tell it to call someone and doesn't call them lol...

I would suggest trying smart lock and be able keep phone unlocked while in car with bluetooth or on body detection at home .

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest trying smart lock and be able keep phone unlocked while in car with bluetooth or on body detection at home .
Here's the weird part... I have smart lock enabled and it's almost never "locked" just on aod... When this happens i don't need to unlock just swipe up... Friggin weird right! Lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here's the weird part... I have smart lock enabled and it's almost never "locked" just on aod... When this happens i don't need to unlock just swipe up... Friggin weird right! Lol

This is weird lol
If I can think of anything else I'll post here, Now you have me thinking lol.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried with smartlock off? I don't use that and don't have anything at hand that I could use to test whether that combination causes issues but since you mentioned it and you mentioned that the phone isn't actually locked when the screen goes to sleep I'm wondering if the two may be related??? Again related to your smartlock, are you actually talking to the device or are you talking to a Bluetooth device when this happens that just channels through your device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc