This camera, though...

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
For whatever reason, I am getting terrible shots with my s10 plus. I have the s10 plus and the iPhone XS Max. Consistently getting better pics on the XS Max. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong on my S10 plus! It is so frustrating!

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya, we went to a boat show last weekend and all the shots I shared to my wife she commented that she didn’t think they looked good and all needed to be edited, though I will say most of them were taken with the wide angle lens and I think while the lens is amazing for the type of shots it takes it lacks some of the fine clarity the main lens can offer.

Either way I keep taking pics with both and some times the S10 looks better and other the XS.

One thing is for sure, the S10 does some processing which sharpens and does some funky color contrast, kind of like applying an effect after the image rather than the natural image of the S10.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
For whatever reason, I am getting terrible shots with my s10 plus. I have the s10 plus and the iPhone XS Max. Consistently getting better pics on the XS Max. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong on my S10 plus! It is so frustrating!
What are your subjects? My cats are super smoothed and over processed. Pretty much anything else I'm not really having issues with. I've noticed auto focus seems to be a problem but if I tap the screen to focus the sharpness is better but the lighting ruins the photo. Any specifics?

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
DD4429D7-C61D-4EC8-804A-703C834F8E6A.jpg

Note the “cons”:

- Lack of detail in most conditions
- Loss of sharpness across the field
- Lack of detail at longer zoom settings
- Ringing in bright light
- Some subject isolation artifacts in bokeh mode

And for video, cons:

- Luminance noise in all conditions
- Ringing and judder effect in bright light
- Slightly under saturated colors in low light
- Loss of sharpness and stepping when tracking a subject
- Some exposure instabilities, especially in bright light.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Erm for me it works fine. But Nighr Mode is way behind my Mate 20 Pro...

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For all those pictures you take when it's pitch black out.??????

Not really pitch black though.like low light scenes.and i hate the fact that it isnt like M20P where you just switch modes.the phone must recognize that it needs night mode then it will activate...i often use PRO mode instead as this scene sensor isnt working too well if you ask me.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had great results with my S10+. Your wife's not liking the results could be a two part thing. One the way the Samsung photos come out in processing is different than the iPhone, always has and likely always will be. I prefer the overall look of my iPhone as I find it warmer but that's just me. But the other thing she might not like is the wide angle, they are fun but it changes the look dramatically compared to normal phone lense options.

For detail and excellent results in low light, specifically concerning people I've sideloaded the Google camera and mapped it to my Bixby button and it's been a great setup for me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
This is actually not bad to me. The photo looks brighter than it really is. However, I'm sure if I really took a look there's be all kinds of noise.
e704c4423e5a09b3570766a037717c68.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude