Finally changed my Screen Protector and that has made all the difference

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
So I really liked the galaxy s10 screen protector that came attached. It was Smooth, aligned perfectly and just easy to use. But that fps sucked. It worked very little.

That old screen protector started to get scratches so I ordered one from Amazon. You know those wet application types? And guess what, my fps sensor works everytime now. I didn't even turn on touch sensitivity or redo my prints. It just works. And oh, I didn't even get the update for it so this is with old software. Even the touch latency has been reduced. I'm so glad I got a new screen protector. Feels like a different phone.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about saying it but I didn't want to give unfair competition lol. Let's just say its 10.99 on Amazon and is one of those wet spray application one lol.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Your post, although appreciated ...helps no one if we cannot find WHICH SCREEN PROTECTOR you are referring to....i see one for 9.98, 9.99, 7.85....
Just spill it so we can buy the same one?
Many thanks

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about saying it but I didn't want to give unfair competition lol. Let's just say its 10.99 on Amazon and is one of those wet spray application one lol.

Yes!! Thank you for telling us you DON'T have to spend an absurd amount of money for a damn screen protector!

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I really liked the galaxy s10 screen protector that came attached. It was Smooth, aligned perfectly and just easy to use. But that fps sucked. It worked very little.

That old screen protector started to get scratches so I ordered one from Amazon. You know those wet application types? And guess what, my fps sensor works everytime now. I didn't even turn on touch sensitivity or redo my prints. It just works. And oh, I didn't even get the update for it so this is with old software. Even the touch latency has been reduced. I'm so glad I got a new screen protector. Feels like a different phone.

I still use the built-in screen protector... 9/10 works... After update i would say 10/10..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I won't deny those work for the FPS but they get scuzzy and scratchy looking after the "self healing" factor wears off and the plastic just doesn't provide that slick feeling or protection that you get with glass.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I won't deny those work for the FPS but they get scuzzy and scratchy looking after the "self healing" factor wears off and the plastic just doesn't provide that slick feeling or protection that you get with glass.

My screen protector has already got scratches on it. I deal with it but it's not that bad yet where I want to swap it out. Mostly noticeable when my screen is dark. The Verizon guy told my girlfriend yesterday with the S10 that the screen protector on there wasn't good and she needed to replace it. And if she won't be using the fingerprint scanner I guess it doesn't matter which one she gets. They're sending me a new one from Samsung but I heard it doesn't have the pill cut out that it's different so I don't think I want to use it.

But I guess she'll be able to use any protector if she's not using the fingerprint scanner like a different good glass one? Has anyone tried the zagg protector and been able to use the fingerprint cuz that's what I'll probably get. Just cuz there's a kiosk near me and they put it on but I'm waiting for mine to get worse I just noticed a bunch more little scratches yesterday.

Last edited:

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I thought the purpose of "forums" were to help solve problems or address concerns that users are having.

Instead of helping us, you're asking us to buy a crap load of useless screen protectors? And to go on a scavenger hunt to find a screen protector that works? Really?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought the purpose of "forums" were to help solve problems or address concerns that users are having.

Instead of helping us, you're asking us to buy a crap load of useless screen protectors? And to go on a scavenger hunt to find a screen protector that works? Really?

Reality is any of the wet types will be very similar

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
"Screen protectors?" Who the hell uses those things. What a scam. Took the preinstalled one off shortly after I got the phone. Unless you're an ***** who carries loose change and nail files in the same pocket as your phone, you'll have no problem whatsoever going without any of these nonsense screen protectors. They're all a complete waste of money and they all detract from the phone's usability by interfering with its touch sensitivity.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I replaced my screen protector with the ArmorSuit one, and although I don't like the grippy feel of it, it does protect it, and I've noticed the FPS works better with this one! I was surprised honestly it made a difference.

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I just replaced mine yesterday to IQ sheild the case I had on mine caused rub marks when putting it in the belt holster.not going to use the holster if I put the case back on.

Mend07

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
After ordering the "free" replacement screen protectors from Samsung ...I was highly disappointed in the replacements for a few reasons...so I opted for the LK screen protector with the actual pill hole on Amazon. So hopefully this time I got my $10 worth lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38