Good Lock update brings partial Galaxy S10 notification LED alternative.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't really follow the thread of comments above, but I will jump in to support the fact that Holey Light works with AOD. Developer has updated this twice in the last couple of days and I have been able to select different colors for my different apps for which I want to see the notifications. Only thing missing now is different patterns of light around the camera cutout, such as fast/slow blink or perhaps bigger/softer edge glowing. Dev is really doing a good job with this app and it is not even officially released yet.
I agree, holey light has more potential now since it works on the AOD.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have like really bad OCD when it comes to my phone so I wanna use holey light but after unlocked my phone it leaves a black square around the camera cut out door like a split second and it drives me nuts

Well my ADD must be a good thing in this case versus your OCD, because I haven't noticed what you're talking about...probably because my eyes are already wandering to stuff on the screen as soon as it unlocks:-*

Someone else with PTSD, or some other ??SD needs weigh in on how this affects them! Just no STD please!!

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
I use 'Always On Edge'. Works perfectly for me, custom colours depending on notification and works with WhatsApp. All that lights up when I get a notification is the camera cutout, just tweak settings if you want edge lighting too.

I have it so that it chases around the camera cutout and not noticed any impact on battery life.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have like really bad OCD when it comes to my phone so I wanna use holey light but after unlocked my phone it leaves a black square around the camera cut out door like a split second and it drives me nuts
I'll have to pay attention to that now.

So if you have noticed that, I'm curious if you've noticed the black hole you see every once in a while under the FPS after pressing it. It's during that little animation and doesn't do it all the time. I usually notice it while practicing using it or testing it, when I'm doing it several times.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I don't get the purpose they are going for, but why would I want edge lighting to work when the screen is ON!!!? I'm obviously using the phone and aware something came in. The more logical use would be with screen OFF! So dumb!

The discussion of "wake screen" above is confusing but this works with screen off. When you get a notification the ONLY thing that lights up is the small notification box and the edge lighting.

Good Lock solution works EXACTLY the same as the default edge lighting with screen off.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

That's probably the reason the Good Lock enhancement isn't working either.

Reviewing my settings:
1) Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> "Edge lighting" is set to on.

2)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Show Edge lighting" is set to Always.

3)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Edge lighting interaction" is on.

4)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Manage notifications" has Textra enabled.

You might check those to see if you have the same.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's probably the reason the Good Lock enhancement isn't working either.

Reviewing my settings:
1) Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> "Edge lighting" is set to on.

2)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Show Edge lighting" is set to Always.

3)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Edge lighting interaction" is on.

4)Phone settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Edge lighting -> "Manage notifications" has Textra enabled.

You might check those to see if you have the same.
All are checked

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get good lock to work for me with screen off. I have everything checked and re checked LOL. 2 videos I watched. Only with screen already on will it for me.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a dumb question. After I install good lock by i need to install edge lighting+?

The video I watched said you did.

Maybe you will have better luck than me. I did a complete factory reset thinking maybe I had some setting messed up that was causing a problem. Still couldn't get it to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie