Does face unlock use more battery?

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Now that the miracle update for my fps, my phone unlocks fast and I'm wondering if we need face unlock.

Do you guys think having it on uses more battery since we always use the camera to unlock or do you think it's negligible.

I'm always looking for ways to save more battery

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Now that the miracle update for my fps, my phone unlocks fast and I'm wondering if we need face unlock.

Do you guys think having it on uses more battery since we always use the camera to unlock or do you think it's negligible.

Good question , I dont think it will have a significant impact.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hmmm...uses more battery of course(since the entire screen turns on).but not to an extent where your phone will suffer because of it...

But i somehow need face unlock as for example when my fingers i registered are dirty and i need to open the phone i just have to double tap the screen with anything and it will scan my face and unlock.

And quite useful when driving as well as it might be difficult to use the fingerprint due to the angle(and i have to see where the sensor is) thus double tapping to wake and the face scanner goes to work.

But it all depends on yourself lol.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm...uses more battery of course(since the entire screen turns on).but not to an extent where your phone will suffer because of it...

But i somehow need face unlock as for example when my fingers i registered are dirty and i need to open the phone i just have to double tap the screen with anything and it will scan my face and unlock.

And quite useful when driving as well as it might be difficult to use the fingerprint due to the angle(and i have to see where the sensor is) thus double tapping to wake and the face scanner goes to work.

But it all depends on yourself lol.

True. I do use it for driving. I guess it's not big of an issue to use it?

I just think the camera being on all the time will be bad for battery

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
After testing it a few days I can confirm face unlock uses much more battery.

Now that the fps sensor is great I will disable the face unlock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz