If you are interested in a Samsung Galaxy S10 device I recommend Swappa

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Please provide a link that says otherwise then. I trust at&t store more than you honestly.

I never said AT&T and you don't have to believe me.

I said Verizon....anytime I have a problem with a Verizon phone purchased from Verizon, I call the 800 number and get a refurbished exchange under warranty directly from Verizon.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get the link to work, but took a screenshot. Is exactly as we've been saying
1a81b87e5144114c3f421c3080b05098.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Please provide a link that says otherwise then. I trust at&t store more than you honestly.

Others have linked it but I have had a defect be replaced by Verizon directly. Buddies camera on his LG V20 failed (hardware) and they replaced it without an issue (he is on my account).

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
And here is at&t warranty support from their website.
b0d76166dd2d56aa58ef26bbd31e1cbd.jpg

Yep, that shows AT&T is different from Verizon and won't replace devices under warranty like I mentioned. I've tried several times to get devices warranties with AT&T and they always refused and told me to go to the manufacture unless I have their insurance.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that shows AT&T is different from Verizon and won't replace devices under warranty like I mentioned. I've tried several times to get devices warranties with AT&T and they always refused and told me to go to the manufacture unless I have their insurance.
I just posted the policy. Sucks to have AT&T, Verizon replaces.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So if you buy a s10 from swappa will Samsung honor warranty?
Not sure. When I wanted to do a warranty swap thru Samsung with my S10+, several Samsung reps and chat said I would have to return the phone and reorder, but it was still under the 15 days. I would imagine after the 15 days you would just have to send the phone to a Samsung warranty center. The warranty should still be good thru Samsung, just don't have the luxury of exchanging, would have to find a phone to use. I'll try to find out if Samsung warranties to original buyer only, that would be bad news for buying on swappa or eBay like sites.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure. When I wanted to do a warranty swap thru Samsung with my S10+, several Samsung reps and chat said I would have to return the phone and reorder, but it was still under the 15 days. I would imagine after the 15 days you would just have to send the phone to a Samsung warranty center. The warranty should still be good thru Samsung, just don't have the luxury of exchanging, would have to find a phone to use. I'll try to find out if Samsung warranties to original buyer only, that would be bad news for buying on swappa or eBay like sites.

Not an issue if you buy new on Swappa so eBay should be same. I did buy new LG on eBay and had no problem getting service.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not an issue if you buy new on Swappa so eBay should be same. I did buy new LG on eBay and had no problem getting service.
Here is the policy on Samsung website. If I'm reading it right, if you buy the phone from sites such as swappa and eBay, not the original purchaser, Samsung warranty does not transfer to second buyer. Samsung may not always enforce these rules as it States it's up to Samsung in the long run.

Read number 1, number 7 under general terms and conditions. And number 1 under warranty guide.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...levant%2Fsupport%2Fwarranty%2F&token=515wczFR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay