Dual Sim Issues...

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been using my S10 Plus with dual SIM cards installed, one work, one personal.
I'm leaving the job so decided to take the work SIM card out. Once I did this and I called the work sim that was no longer installed in phone it still called my device. If I put this SIM card in another phone it takes calls on that phone and S10 doesn't ring but as soon as other device is switched off calls start coming back to my S10...

I've tried Resetting network settings to no avail :(

Any tips?

Just made the jump from iOS to Android so be easy on me ;)

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been using my S10 Plus with dual SIM cards installed, one work, one personal.
I'm leaving the job so decided to take the work SIM card out. Once I did this and I called the work sim that was no longer installed in phone it still called my device. If I put this SIM card in another phone it takes calls on that phone and S10 doesn't ring but as soon as other device is switched off calls start coming back to my S10...

I've tried Resetting network settings to no avail :(

Any tips?

Just made the jump from iOS to Android so be easy on me ;)

So youre saying that the work number still rings on your phone even though the sim is removed?

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
How is that even possible...is the work number an enterprise version?or is it VOIP?

Not 100% sure what an enterprise version is but it's basically a normal SIM card, nothing special - just the average sim you collect from Vodafone.

I could factory reset the device and hope for the best but I need to work out how to get everything backed up first, I have 1k+ photos from our honeymoon on it and I think I'd be getting divorced if I lost them all!

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
How is that even possible...is the work number an enterprise version?or is it VOIP?

All sorted.

Maybe other people will run into this problem but what it was is once I put a sim in SIM2 it automatically contacted my carrier (the one on SIM2) and set up call forwarding.

I had to call the carrier and they had my personal number set as a forwarding number, no idea how it got there, and removed it for me. Happy now :)

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All sorted.

Maybe other people will run into this problem but what it was is once I put a sim in SIM2 it automatically contacted my carrier (the one on SIM2) and set up call forwarding.

I had to call the carrier and they had my personal number set as a forwarding number, no idea how it got there, and removed it for me. Happy now :)

Owh forwarding. Hahaha.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All sorted.

Glad you found the problem, hopefully its helps anyone else with this issue.

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
Glad you found the problem, hopefully its helps anyone else with this issue.

Hopefully - this is obviously to do with S10 as I have never contacted the service provider to apply this forwarding.

Worked really well with dual sim so it could be a behind the scenes thing to improve the experience.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully - this is obviously to do with S10 as I have never contacted the service provider to apply this forwarding.

Worked really well with dual sim so it could be a behind the scenes thing to improve the experience.
Yeah possibly, if you didn't contact your carrier would you be able to delete this call forwarding in the phone settings?

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
Yeah possibly, if you didn't contact your carrier would you be able to delete this call forwarding in the phone settings?

Forwarding was displayed on the phones settings, Samsung Stars checked it out (Fantastic service that is btw, something I never experienced through Apple, they took over the phone and went into the settings).

I tried #21 # on both SIM cards when installed in S10 Plus and also in the phone that I wanted to have work number back on. Super odd but happily solved.

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
Forwarding was displayed on the phones settings, Samsung Stars checked it out (Fantastic service that is btw, something I never experienced through Apple, they took over the phone and went into the settings).

I tried #21 # on both SIM cards when installed in S10 Plus and also in the phone that I wanted to have work number back on. Super odd but happily solved.
Forwarding was not displayed I mean

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The S10 Plus sent a message to my carrier to activate call forwarding and it was then logged onto my account. Had to be removed via a phone call to the carrier.
So you didn't set up for carrier to send calls to your business number?

I've done that where business calls get transferred to sim number so I can pick up anywhere instead of shop phone .

Apple_No_More

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
So you didn't set up for carrier to send calls to your business number?

I've done that where business calls get transferred to sim number so I can pick up anywhere instead of shop phone .

I didn't set anything up just used two sims in S10 Plus and everything automatically merged calling me a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2