Galaxy Store

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
If someone has Samsung phones but don't know about the galaxy store or have a Samsung account (think people who aren't tech savvy) how do they get updates for galaxy stuff?

I rmmeeber my parents phones didn't even have a Samsung account, just Google, so I had to make one, log in and grab updates from Galaxy store.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if pre-installed app updates with happen automatically. But when you set up your phone for the first time, they ask you to create an account or to log in to a preexisting one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just like downloading apps from the Play Store require a Google account, the same goes for Samsung's storefront and apps that update through there, unfortunately (I do believe some of it is explained at set up, where you can either log in to your Samsung account, create one, or skip, which is I believe would have been the case here).

If it's a mandatory update it would go through a system update, but for specific apps, that would have to go through the Store.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I'd say about 80 percent of people don't use the galaxy store like all my friends don't know about it. But some critical updates like phone dialer, Samsung one ui, and other important apps come from that store. And those people don't even know how to update those.

I think this extra layer of updates is very confusing for consumers. What do you guys think?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7