Hi all,

So I've had my S10 since it came out in March I've never had android before only iPhones. My friend said to me that Samsung have free messaging between Samsung's/android like iMessage? Does the S10 have something like this? Instead of using WhatsApp or messenger?

Thanks
    logster2302 likes this.
    04-19-2019 12:46 PM
    You should still be able to use Google Hangouts. But remember, this is not an SMS app -- both parties have to be using this app.
    logster2302 likes this.
    04-19-2019 01:28 PM
    All phones have a free messaging service that runs between all Android phones and all iPhones. Use Android Messages (or Messages or Messaging, whichever one comes on the S10). Make sure you remove your phone number from iMessages (if you haven't, go to an Apple store and ask if they can please do it for you - iMessage is a proprietary protocol, and Apple won't let anyone use it, so if your number is still there, all your iMessages still go to an iPhone - which you no longer use). Then send each of your iPhone friends a text, so their phones will know to send your number SMS messages from now on. (If that still doesn't work [and Apple sometimes messes that up], there's an SMS box they can check when they send you an iMessage, and the phone will remember to send you SMS messages.)

Hangouts Dialer can also send and receive SMS messages. (Sorry, there's no way to handle iMessages in a phone that's not an iPhone - but in a year or two, when RCA has been fully implemented, it will be iMessage users who will be jealous - you'll be able to do a lot more than they can. [And it's an open protocol - Apple will be able to implement it too.)
    KGVFR750 likes this.
    04-19-2019 01:37 PM
    Perfect, thanks guys, that's cleared that up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-19-2019 03:24 PM
    Hi all,

So I've had my S10 since it came out in March I've never had android before only iPhones. My friend said to me that Samsung have free messaging between Samsung's/android like iMessage? Does the S10 have something like this? Instead of using WhatsApp or messenger?

Thanks
    Samsung message app has the ability with other Samsung phones and some lg to see read receipt and see the person writing, and video message in your dialer , if that person has unlocked model it wont have those features.
    04-20-2019 12:02 AM