04-20-2019 11:06 PM
33 12
tools
    This is my first non-HTC branded phone in over 10 years and for all of that time I only had the option of Google's services for finding my device. When I got this phone I had been hearing about the Samsung service Find My Mobile and found that it was disabled. Later I would read that the service was being blocked by Verizon. The other day I got a notification that Find My Mobile had requested my device location. I was a little surprised. I'm guessing this was triggered by the handful of times that I had logged in first checking to see if the service worked and then out of disbelief that a carrier would disable it and it not being able to locate my device. So like the request was put in but not fulfilled. When I got the notification I was on my home WiFi so I thought maybe that since I wasn't using data it had finally somehow found it. I turned off WiFi and it still appeared to be working but I was still at home so I was a little skeptical, like rights, services once taken are rarely given back, but it was still working when I went to work.

I don't plan to loose or get locked out of my phone, not even sure how that would happen but I see the question asked a lot here at AC, it is nice to know that this service is available if I would need it.

I have an unlocked + version on VZW's network.
    04-19-2019 07:10 PM
    You have to be able to download the app from the Samsung store. I was unable to find it because I have a Verizon model
    04-19-2019 07:29 PM
    I have settings in... Settings, not sure how else to say that, but anyway I didn't need the app to get things working. I'll check the remote unlock tonight when I'm at work but everything else works now. Before it wouldn't even find the device, said it was offline even though I was using it to log in. Good news... from Verizon?-screenshot_20190419-224738_settings.jpeg
    04-19-2019 09:50 PM
    I have settings in... Settings, not sure how else to say that, but anyway I didn't need the app to get things working. I'll check the remote unlock tonight when I'm at work but everything else works now. Before it wouldn't even find the device, said it was offline even though I was using it to log in. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-224738_Settings.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	302199
    The app is installed if you're seeing all of that
    04-19-2019 10:26 PM
    I have settings in... Settings, not sure how else to say that, but anyway I didn't need the app to get things working. I'll check the remote unlock tonight when I'm at work but everything else works now. Before it wouldn't even find the device, said it was offline even though I was using it to log in. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-224738_Settings.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	302199
    If you have the unlocked model , Verizon doesn't dictate how that phone operates, find my mobile is in settings >biometric/security>other security settings>administrator .
    You should be able to log into Findmymobile.samsung.com with your Samsung account credentials.
    04-19-2019 11:53 PM
    If you have the unlocked model , Verizon doesn't dictate how that phone operates, find my mobile is in settings >biometric/security>other security settings>administrator .
    You should be able to log into Findmymobile.samsung.com with your Samsung account credentials.
    I've seen several posts where people don't have one setting or another when they're with Verizon but as soon as they put someone else's SIM card in those settings show up or aren't greyed out anymore. When I first got the phone those settings were available to me but logging into Find My Mobile showed me my device was offline. I read some posts here at AC where folks were talking about Verizon killing it. I kinda feel like they jam it or otherwise stopped it for everyone and maybe the popularity of this device or some other pressure caused them to re-enable it. I'm just happy that it's working whatever the reason. My work internet is being spotty tonight but I'm still hoping to try out the remote unlock before morning.
    04-20-2019 12:28 AM
    Well I was finally able to try it and it works. It deletes all of your lock information, biometrics pattern, pin and password. This means that I'll have to agree to the my apps that I've chosen to sign into with my fps all over again but at least I know it works and I know what to expect.
    04-20-2019 01:35 AM
    What I'm trying to say on unlocked model with Verizon sim it will not load any Verizon apps , it will load Verizon carrier Lte,or HD calling . Samsung pushes the update to. Unlocked version

Verizon Carrier model loads its apps,network enhancements, but get the update from Verizon to its phones.

You can use any carrier firmware with each other Verizon,tmobile,sprint,att. ..as they same builds and flashing between them is compatible just your sim card will dictate which carrier apps get installed and network enhancements. Not on unlocked model . Glad you got find my mobile going .
    04-20-2019 09:35 AM
    So, can I use find my mobile on my Verizon branded phone?

I see find my device in the settings but not find my mobile.
    04-20-2019 09:55 AM

You need to go your internet browser log in to findmyphone.samsung.com
    04-20-2019 10:02 AM

No....only unlocked on Verizon
    04-20-2019 10:03 AM
    You need to go your internet browser log in to findmyphone.samsung.com
    His is a Verizon model. If you try the browser with a Verizon model you get an error that your "watch" is not supported
    04-20-2019 10:05 AM
    Watch not supported?
    If you go internet find my device you see option?
    If you go internet findmydevice.samsung.com same
    His is a Verizon model. If you try the browser with a Verizon model you get an error that your "watch" is not supported
    04-20-2019 10:08 AM
    Watch not supported?
    https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    04-20-2019 10:18 AM
    Watch not supported?
    Find my mobile on Samsung site doesn't work for Verizon branded. Find my device...Google does
    04-20-2019 10:21 AM
    Find my mobile on Samsung site doesn't work for Verizon branded. Find my device...Google does
    Did you try the link I left?
    04-20-2019 10:23 AM
    Your linky no worky. I believe it's findmymobile.samsung.com

When I sign there is shows all my old devices and thinks my S10 Plus is a watch.
    04-20-2019 10:33 AM
    Try from forum app maybe?
    04-20-2019 10:35 AM
    Been there done that. It gives an error message as indicated previously.
    04-20-2019 10:37 AM
    Nice !!! didn't know they had the web version. Tested and works great to locate my US unlocked S10
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-20-2019 10:38 AM

When I sign there is shows all my old devices and thinks my S10 Plus is a watch.
    Exactly....it doesn't work for Verizon branded units. You can thank Verizon for that
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-20-2019 10:38 AM
    I think probably the service needed on the phone in order to work with Samsung find my mobile is not present for the Verizon model. So the web version will not be able to locate the phone.
    But as Verizon branded phones people often say, no big deal it's all good.
    04-20-2019 10:39 AM
    Exactly....it doesn't work for Verizon branded units. You can thank Verizon for that
    The Google "Find my device" is what is is installed on the Verizon branded phones.
    04-20-2019 10:41 AM
    Try looking from your computer instead of the phones internet?
    04-20-2019 10:41 AM
    Nice !!! didn't know they had the web version. Tested and works great to locate my US unlocked S10
    Gives better options then Google find my device
    04-20-2019 10:43 AM
33 12