Yesterday 10:22 PM
94 1234
tools
    Can anyone confirm if these protectors have the "Pill" cutout only or the whole upper right corner is open?
    04-23-2019 11:13 AM
    Lol what cracks me up is how triggered you got over this to prove a point in the size of a book. This phone is not a $100 phone. It costs 10x more than that and them having warranty on it will be something I'll gladly take advantage of if needed
    expensive phone or not. Back to my point. Isn't the "purpose" of a screen protector is to "protect" your phone? So if the screen protector is getting scratches, doesn't that mean the "protector" is doing it's job? That's the point I am trying to make.

I'm glad that people are getting their complimentary replacements. But getting them because of "scratches", that cracks me up.
    04-23-2019 11:16 AM
    It's not the pill cutout, it's the L shaped around and under the cameras.
    Can anyone confirm if these protectors have the "Pill" cutout only or the whole upper right corner is open?
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-23-2019 11:27 AM
    Not crazy about the whole upper corner being open but what ya going to do.
    It's not the pill cutout, it's the L shaped around and under the cameras.
    04-23-2019 11:46 AM
    expensive phone or not. Back to my point. Isn't the "purpose" of a screen protector is to "protect" your phone? So if the screen protector is getting scratches, doesn't that mean the "protector" is doing it's job? That's the point I am trying to make.

I'm glad that people are getting their complimentary replacements. But getting them because of "scratches", that cracks me up.
    Oh it definitely is doing its job but if mine was to very scratched up and ugly looking I would replace it.

Just because the SP is doing its job doesn't mean I don't like staring at a SP full of scratches lol. That being said I use glass ones only so it is rare for me to get a scratch but if I do .. well .. that is why it is there. One tiny scratch is fine but a plethora would be a replacement.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-23-2019 01:12 PM
    Right. And I'm not buying them because of scratches. I'm buting them as backup in case the scratches get worse and I can see them every day, or as backup when and if it's starts to peel.
    04-23-2019 01:36 PM
    I used Samsung Chat and they are sending me out a replacement for free.
    DARK Vader777 likes this.
    04-23-2019 07:26 PM
    I used Samsung Chat and they are sending me out a replacement for free.
    Are all of you guys using the chat in the Samsung Members app?
    04-23-2019 11:09 PM
    Lol what cracks me up is how triggered you got over this to prove a point in the size of a book. This phone is not a $100 phone. It costs 10x more than that and them having warranty on it will be something I'll gladly take advantage of if needed
    You understood more than I did
    04-23-2019 11:33 PM

At some point too many scratches leads to an unpleasant experience. In addition if you get a scratch over the FPS it will no longer read your prints.
    04-23-2019 11:35 PM
    I went straight to the Samsung website and used chat. Mine was actually getting some tiny bubbles under, which means it won't be long until I will need to remove it. 3-5 days replacement on the way. I told them my factory installed protector was beginning to bubble, not about scratches, but that the factory installed protector was starting to get tiny bubbles under it.
    04-24-2019 05:25 AM
    Here's how I see it. If you're bothered by the scratches on this plastic screen protector in a little over a month of use, then you should order 12 of them, get a years worth at a time. They are plastic, they are going to scratch, and so will the replacements. The original one on the phone isn't faulty. I'm surprised Samsung is replacing them probably the luck of clueless reps.
    cpcxgsr likes this.
    04-24-2019 06:08 AM
    Here's how I see it. If you're bothered by the scratches on this plastic screen protector in a little over a month of use, then you should order 12 of them, get a years worth at a time. They are plastic, they are going to scratch, and so will the replacements. The original one on the phone isn't faulty. I'm surprised Samsung is replacing them probably the luck of clueless reps.
    I hope Samsung doesn't read these forums , there goes the fired Rep and my free replacement screen protector😂
    04-24-2019 08:21 AM
    That's why I went Whitestone Dome
    04-24-2019 09:52 AM
    So anybody who has got these replacements, was it easy to install? Any issues with it adhering to the glass along the edges?
    04-24-2019 12:09 PM
    Are all of you guys using the chat in the Samsung Members app?
    Yes...
    04-24-2019 01:18 PM
    Wow, that was easy. It seems like they are doing these free replacements for everyone now. The attached screenshot is the response I got from the chat and then when I called the agent, she had to refer to her notes to process the replacement. She mentioned it's "something new that we're doing" so she had to read her notes.

Pretty cool, I'll take it! Samsung does replace factory Screen Protectors for free!-screenshot_20190424-104632_samsung-20members.jpeg
    04-24-2019 01:53 PM
    My sentiments exactly! What Samsung is doing resembles more of a warranty replacement. Admitting that their product is "faulty", which it is not. Suprisingly shocked that Samsung would go out of their way to mail/complimentary screen protectors for all s10 users. If that is the case, everyone should order 12 of them. So that we can't complain about scratches.
    04-24-2019 03:03 PM
    My sentiments exactly! What Samsung is doing resembles more of a warranty replacement. Admitting that their product is "faulty", which it is not. Suprisingly shocked that Samsung would go out of their way to mail/complimentary screen protectors for all s10 users. If that is the case, everyone should order 12 of them. So that we can't complain about scratches.
    What product is faulty?
    04-24-2019 03:11 PM
    What product is faulty?
    Screen protectors. Which it isn't. Unless I missed the memo that they offer free replacements, no questioned asked... I too should jump on the bandwagon and order months worth of them
    04-24-2019 03:22 PM
    Screen protectors. Which it isn't. Unless I missed the memo that they offer free replacements, no questioned asked... I too should jump on the bandwagon and order months worth of them
    They aren't faulty. They scratch over time. I doubt they will give everyone many months worth of protectors. just remember if everyone gets greedy they'll probably stop sending them.
    04-24-2019 03:42 PM
    Been following this thread but had no intention of asking for a replacement. That is, until this morning when I accidentally put a deep gouge into the screen protector. In fact, it went all the way through the plastic but luckily did not hurt the screen. The protector was gouged up and torn away from the screen so I had to take it off.

Anyway, called Samsung and sure enough they are sending out a replacement. Thanks to the OP for posting the info.
    Jesus Delgadillo and kct1975 like this.
    04-24-2019 03:52 PM
    My screen protector that came with the phone didn't last long before it got scratches and small bubbles, so I reached out to them and they sent me a new one for freeAttachment 302264
    Salute!! You see, that's the type of service you're suppose to get from Samsung.
    Good for you lol👍
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-24-2019 07:37 PM
    Well didn't Samsung say in the beginning they were replacing protectors if it was within 30 days? My scratch isn't that bad it is mostly noticeable when the screen goes off and I may not even put the new one on just yet until it gets worse. Especially since it's not the same one with the pill cut out. she told me just go to Best Buy and let the Samsung rep put it on that's where I got my phone but we'll see my
    04-25-2019 01:18 PM
    My screen protector came today there's two in the package which is good cuz my husband needs one too. Mine has a lot of scratches on it already and I've been really careful putting it in my pocket or purse with nothing else so I don't get it. But I may wait a bit until mine gets really worse.
    04-30-2019 10:03 PM
94 1234