Samsung does replace factory Screen Protectors for free!

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung... these people Finally had time to call. They said I'd have to send phone in to warranty center TO GET SCREEN PROTECTOR FIXED. Finally, after some hassling and argument and 2 different people have one in the way

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung... these people Finally had time to call. They said I'd have to send phone intake to warranty center TO GET SCREEN PROTECTOR FIXED. Finally, after some hassling and argument and 2 different people have one in the way
I think that's their standard answer, send the phone in for us to look at it. Lol

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
a screen protector is supposed to protect the screen on you device. If you get scratches on your screen protector, it means the screen protector is doing it's job. Would you rather have scratches on your screen? Or would you rather have it on the screen protector? Answer is obvious.

So requesting a "free" screen protector, simply because the original one is ridden with scratches cracks me up. But requesting a "free" or "better" screen protector because the orignal one is faulty or doesn't adhere to the screen from factory is another...

If you want a scratch free screen protector, get one that is made from saphire crystal. Like the crystals that are made for high end swiss watches. If they do not make one, I suggest you design and patent it. So that we all can have a screen protector that is scratch free.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Lol what cracks me up is how triggered you got over this to prove a point in the size of a book. This phone is not a $100 phone. It costs 10x more than that and them having warranty on it will be something I'll gladly take advantage of if needed :)
a screen protector is supposed to protect the screen on you device. If you get scratches on your screen protector, it means the screen protector is doing it's job. Would you rather have scratches on your screen? Or would you rather have it on the screen protector? Answer is obvious.

So requesting a "free" screen protector, simply because the original one is ridden with scratches cracks me up. But requesting a "free" or "better" screen protector because the orignal one is faulty or doesn't adhere to the screen from factory is another...

If you want a scratch free screen protector, get one that is made from saphire crystal. Like the crystals that are made for high end swiss watches. If they do not make one, I suggest you design and patent it. So that we all can have a screen protector that is scratch free.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Lol what cracks me up is how triggered you got over this to prove a point in the size of a book. This phone is not a $100 phone. It costs 10x more than that and them having warranty on it will be something I'll gladly take advantage of if needed :)

expensive phone or not. Back to my point. Isn't the "purpose" of a screen protector is to "protect" your phone? So if the screen protector is getting scratches, doesn't that mean the "protector" is doing it's job? That's the point I am trying to make.

I'm glad that people are getting their complimentary replacements. But getting them because of "scratches", that cracks me up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
expensive phone or not. Back to my point. Isn't the "purpose" of a screen protector is to "protect" your phone? So if the screen protector is getting scratches, doesn't that mean the "protector" is doing it's job? That's the point I am trying to make.

I'm glad that people are getting their complimentary replacements. But getting them because of "scratches", that cracks me up.

Oh it definitely is doing its job but if mine was to very scratched up and ugly looking I would replace it.

Just because the SP is doing its job doesn't mean I don't like staring at a SP full of scratches lol. That being said I use glass ones only so it is rare for me to get a scratch but if I do .. well .. that is why it is there. One tiny scratch is fine but a plethora would be a replacement.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Right. And I'm not buying them because of scratches. I'm buting them as backup in case the scratches get worse and I can see them every day, or as backup when and if it's starts to peel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

You understood more than I did

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

At some point too many scratches leads to an unpleasant experience. In addition if you get a scratch over the FPS it will no longer read your prints.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I went straight to the Samsung website and used chat. Mine was actually getting some tiny bubbles under, which means it won't be long until I will need to remove it. 3-5 days replacement on the way. I told them my factory installed protector was beginning to bubble, not about scratches, but that the factory installed protector was starting to get tiny bubbles under it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary