Hi Folks:

I use LastPass as my password manager. I’ve had issues with the Note 9, where the auto form fill keeps not working, asking me to disable the accessibility rule that allows it to paint over the screen, reboot and re-enable it.

This feature works fine on my wife’s S9. Curious if anyone is using this on the S10+ and if it’s working consistently?

This unfortunately then sets secure start to off, which takes my phone out of compliance with our company Mobile Device Mgmt software.

Thanks
    04-22-2019 02:24 PM
    Hi Folks:

I use LastPass as my password manager. I’ve had issues with the Note 9, where the auto form fill keeps not working, asking me to disable the accessibility rule that allows it to paint over the screen, reboot and re-enable it.

This feature works fine on my wife’s S9. Curious if anyone is using this on the S10+ and if it’s working consistently?

This unfortunately then sets secure start to off, which takes my phone out of compliance with our company Mobile Device Mgmt software.

Thanks
    It should. With the latest version of Android they allow PW Managers to work through the OS so the accessibility thing isn't really needed. You just set the PW manager via the settings and go.

Not sure on an S10 but I am 99.9% sure it should be the same as it was when I had my Pixel.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-22-2019 02:49 PM
    Hi Folks:

Thanks
    You mean Samsung Pass , yes it works. You can use Google Auto fill also .
    04-22-2019 02:54 PM
    Seems to work for me with most apps, but it doesn't auto fill with the Samsung browser from what I can tell.
    04-22-2019 02:56 PM
    You mean Samsung Pass , yes it works. You can use Google Auto fill also .
    No, I’m not using Samsung Pass. I’m using LastPass. Different app.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-22-2019 02:56 PM
    No, I’m not using Samsung Pass. I’m using LastPass. Different app.
    Oh ok , you have the other options if you want also
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-22-2019 02:58 PM
    Thanks folks. I found Samsung Pass didn’t work with apps, only with Samsung Browser, and I’m also looking for something cross platform, so should work on my Mac too. I’ve been using LastPass for several years without any problems until the Note 9 with Android P, One UI.
    04-22-2019 03:05 PM
    The accessibility reset is most likely due to the app updating. It happens to me any time I update Last Pass. My guess is because the OS detects a change in the app, so wants you to verify it's still legit. That's just a guess, though.
    04-22-2019 03:07 PM
    The accessibility reset is most likely due to the app updating. It happens to me any time I update Last Pass. My guess is because the OS detects a change in the app, so wants you to verify it's still legit. That's just a guess, though.
    Unfortunately it happens to me every few attempts to use it. Several times a day. I opened a ticket with LastPass and have gone as far as a hard reset, installed just LastPass and one Banking app that doesn’t support fingerprint login and requires form fill, and it still did this. It also crashes every 2 to 3 attempts. Could not reproduce this on my wife’s S9. Very strange.
    04-22-2019 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately it happens to me every few attempts to use it. Several times a day. I opened a ticket with LastPass and have gone as far as a hard reset, installed just LastPass and one Banking app that doesn’t support fingerprint login and requires form fill, and it still did this. It also crashes every 2 to 3 attempts. Could not reproduce this on my wife’s S9. Very strange.
    Ok. I wonder if it has anything to do with your work's management software conflicting with it.
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-22-2019 03:37 PM
    Ok. I wonder if it has anything to do with your work's management software conflicting with it.
    You’ve probably got it exactly right. My wife’s S9 obviously doesn’t have that. Android for Work plus MS Intune is probably clashing with it. Thanks!
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-22-2019 03:59 PM
    You’ve probably got it exactly right. My wife’s S9 obviously doesn’t have that. Android for Work plus MS Intune is probably clashing with it. Thanks!
    I'd try talking to your IT people and see if they'll allow you to disable their stuff for testing purposes.
    04-22-2019 04:07 PM
    Keepass2Android Password Safe works on Android, they also have versions for Mac, Linux, iOS and Windows. (And if you keep the data file on Drive, all the apps are using the same file, so they're all in sync.) Unfortunately it's not just "click a button to autofill", but it's a secure password safe and if you open an app and KeePass at the same time (using "recents" to do a split screen), it's not a problem to copy the login, paste it, copy the password and paste it. After you do it a dozen times it becomes second nature. (I had LastPass on my phone, but I'm more used to KeePass [been using it for many, many years], so I froze LastPass.)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-22-2019 04:34 PM
    Keepass2Android Password Safe works on Android, they also have versions for Mac, Linux, iOS and Windows. (And if you keep the data file on Drive, all the apps are using the same file, so they're all in sync.) Unfortunately it's not just "click a button to autofill", but it's a secure password safe and if you open an app and KeePass at the same time (using "recents" to do a split screen), it's not a problem to copy the login, paste it, copy the password and paste it. After you do it a dozen times it becomes second nature. (I had LastPass on my phone, but I'm more used to KeePass [been using it for many, many years], so I froze LastPass.)
    Thanks for another option..
    04-22-2019 04:50 PM
    LastPass works fine on my S10+. As others have mentioned, doesn't work with Samsung Browser but I just go into LastPass and copy/paste my credentials then have Samsung Pass store my info when using the browser. Can't say if something at your work may prevent from auto-filing but no issues here on my end.
    04-22-2019 05:22 PM
    I use Roboform works well. Have used it for years
    04-23-2019 06:49 PM