Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I have a Galaxy S10 plus. Just moved from Apple....I use my speakerphone for work conference calls all day. Callers have told me it sounds terrible, some say muffled, some describe that I'm on the other side of the room.

I see many users of the phone are having this problem and it's not carrier related. I'm on Verizon, but many have complained on ATT and TMobile.

I've tried moving the volume up or down with no help. It's not a phone case or screen protector issue either.

Is there any hope Samsung will develop a fix?

Thanks!
    04-23-2019 09:35 AM
    I have a Galaxy S10 plus. Just moved from Apple....I use my speakerphone for work conference calls all day. Callers have told me it sounds terrible, some say muffled, some describe that I'm on the other side of the room.

I see many users of the phone are having this problem and it's not carrier related. I'm on Verizon, but many have complained on ATT and TMobile.

I've tried moving the volume up or down with no help. It's not a phone case or screen protector issue either.

Thanks!
    You can try in the notifications drop down panel long press Dolby Atmos it's set to auto by default try setting it to voice for louder and clearer

Welcome to Android central!
    Attached Thumbnails Why is my S10 speakerphone so muffled?-2166.jpg  
    04-23-2019 08:54 PM
    You can try in the notifications drop down panel long press Dolby Atmos it's set to auto by default try setting it to voice for louder and clearer

Welcome to Android central!
    erm that setting makes no diffeence for the reciever if im not wrong...as it adjust what the S10 user is hearing...
    04-23-2019 10:10 PM

Thanks!
    you said Callers have told me it sounds terrible, some say muffled, some describe that I'm on the other side of the room.that means on your side its good but the reciever said it isnt good?have you removed the plastic which came with the phone?the side plastic.and can you check the mics to see if there is dust or dirt in it?
    04-23-2019 10:11 PM
    erm that setting makes no diffeence for the reciever if im not wrong...as it adjust what the S10 user is hearing...
    It's worth a shot to try ..
    04-23-2019 10:13 PM
    It's worth a shot to try ..
    just tried it and it sounds better for me but reciever said its the same...

i think OP either has dirt in mic or a factory error...
    04-23-2019 10:24 PM

Possibly, maybe even a restart might clear any glitches
    04-23-2019 10:26 PM

Did it get louder?
    04-23-2019 10:26 PM
    Did it get louder?
    for me yes it was louder and a bit clearer but reciever noticed no difference...
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-23-2019 10:28 PM
    for me yes it was louder and a bit clearer but reciever noticed no difference...
    Good to know, wonder if it's like the extra loud buton oreo had then was deleted in pie
    04-23-2019 10:29 PM
    Good to know, wonder if it's like the extra loud buton oreo had then was deleted in pie
    hmmm i must have missed that part but Huawei has this speaker mode which uses 1 or 2 speakers for loudspeaker calls.kinda useful for quite or noisy environments.forgot where i read it but it helps recievers get better feedback.but sadly its on a Huawei.
    04-23-2019 10:34 PM
    hmmm i must have missed that part but Huawei has this speaker mode which uses 1 or 2 speakers for loudspeaker calls.kinda useful for quite or noisy environments.forgot where i read it but it helps recievers get better feedback.but sadly its on a Huawei.
    Huawei has the feature also , Nice! Comes in handy
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    04-23-2019 10:35 PM
    Subbed just in case my S10 does this.
    05-21-2019 10:27 PM