05-15-2019 03:59 PM
65 123
tools
    You are absolutely right. It's not a good business decision! I wish I was happier with note 9. But we all have opinions. Peace!
    05-15-2019 05:01 AM
    If most people upgraded by good business decisions, most people would be using the note 4 or 5. Samsung and Apple would not be doing very well from a business standpoint. Upgrading is definitely a personal decision, has nothing to do with business for most.

As far as the weight, that's not a huge deal being lighter, in fact I went with the ceramic for the heavier feel and other reasons. With that said, the bigger issue is Samsung made the S10+ same size screen with a smaller footprint phone frame as the note 9, and it's lighter in weight. Don't worry, the note 10 will follow same theory and looks like bigger screen, which is getting dumb IMO, and then the light weight will be a big deal here.
    05-15-2019 05:41 AM
    If most people upgraded by good business decisions, most people would be using the note 4 or 5. Samsung and Apple would not be doing very well from a business standpoint. Upgrading is definitely a personal decision, has nothing to do with business for most.

As far as the weight, that's not a huge deal being lighter, in fact I went with the ceramic for the heavier feel and other reasons. With that said, the bigger issue is Samsung made the S10+ same size screen with a smaller footprint phone frame as the note 9, and it's lighter in weight. Don't worry, the note 10 will follow same theory and looks like bigger screen, which is getting dumb IMO, and then the light weight will be a big deal here.
    I bet the ceramic one doesn't resonate when on speaker phone or listening to YouTube with anything 50% in volume or over. The note 9 definitely felt more solid to me. I think Samsung did make some cost cutting on the s10+, cue the single chrome frame and none color coded camera surround which is the same on any color s10+ one buys.
    05-15-2019 10:48 AM
    Ok folks, I'm about to pull the trigger on an unlocked S10+. Just to avoid initial batch issues and kinks(because I'm phone anal, lol), where's the best place to pick one up that's likely the freshest off the assembly line, with a recent build date? Do I go through Samsung.com, or BestBuy.com?
    05-15-2019 11:56 AM
    I bet the ceramic one doesn't resonate when on speaker phone or listening to YouTube with anything 50% in volume or over. The note 9 definitely felt more solid to me. I think Samsung did make some cost cutting on the s10+, cue the single chrome frame and none color coded camera surround which is the same on any color s10+ one buys.
    I have the ceramic S10+ and have to say it feels no less solid than my Note 9. Been living with this since launch and it's been a champ just like the Note 9 was. Based on my experience, both devices are solid for sure. If someone were to ask me what my preference would be between both devices. I'd go with S10+ assuming SPEN not a factor.

My choosing the S10+ over note 9 is simple. Ergonomics and form factor. It's just better. Yeah slippery but so is the Note.

We all knows that the S10+ has some upgrades that the Note 9 doesn't have but they are negligible.

The reality is they are both quality devices from build right on through to design. I don't think Samsung cut any corners on the S10+. Definitely not on price!!!
    05-15-2019 12:06 PM
    As far as the chrome edges, does that really matter. Majority of people have their phones in a case anyway
    05-15-2019 01:12 PM
    Tiok my wife to Verizon Saturday.
    Talked to several of my friends with note 9.
    Asked them if they thought about getting a S10+.
    They said does it have a stylus.
    I said No.
    Then why would we want it..
    We don't want a phone without the stylus.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-15-2019 01:24 PM
    Tiok my wife to Verizon Saturday.
    Talked to several of my friends with note 9.
    Asked them if they thought about getting a S10+.
    They said does it have a stylus.
    I said No.
    Then why would we want it..
    We don't want a phone without the stylus.
    It's been said several times if you need or want the s pen then stay with the note, otherwise the s series is fine. I can go either way.
    05-15-2019 01:45 PM
    Where is the best place to buy an unlocked S10+ that's fresh off the assembly line, with a fairly recent build date? I've wanted to wait until any issues were worked out with the initial batches, but now I'm ready to buy. Do I order direct from Samsung, or do I go to Best Buy?
    05-15-2019 01:49 PM
    Where is the best place to buy an unlocked S10+ that's fresh off the assembly line, with a fairly recent build date? I've wanted to wait until any issues were worked out with the initial batches, but now I'm ready to buy. Do I order direct from Samsung, or do I go to Best Buy?
    No matter where you buy a new one it will be factory fresh.
    05-15-2019 01:51 PM
    No matter where you buy a new one it will be factory fresh.
    Lol, obviously. But I mean in terms of build dates. Who gets the phones that were manufactured last week, and then sent out? Do carrier stores get first dibs? I saw someone on Reddit claim that their S10+ that was purchased from Best Buy had a mid April build date. Since we're in Mid May, where do the phones that are hot off the assembly line go first?

Edit: it may sound dumb, I know, but I'm really anal about not being an early adopter, and waiting until after the first few batches are sold.
    05-15-2019 02:09 PM
    Go to Best Buy to buy a unlocked Phone.
    05-15-2019 02:32 PM
    I like my Note 9 but may be tempted by the new S10 with 5g. Waiting to see what else it offers. I'd like my next phone to be a little smaller and lighter.
    05-15-2019 03:01 PM
    Go to best buy and inspect the outer box it will have a date on it . I did mention this earlier.
    05-15-2019 03:46 PM
    Go to best buy and inspect the outer box it will have a date on it . I did mention this earlier.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna order direct from Samsung, but I guess they just give you whatever's in the stock room without checking for those things.
    05-15-2019 03:59 PM
65 123