Why is my s10+ on the upper part of the home screen blurry?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello! I'm experiencing a blurryness on my galaxy s10+ on the upper part, where the clock, battery and notch are. If I restart the phone it will disappear, but reappears after a while, happend randomly. You can clearly see the difference between the blurry part and the actual wallpaper on the home screen. Has anyone experienced this before? Any way to fix this, tried almost everything, from changing settings to factory reset but to no avail...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you. I don't have it. It sounds like something that would happen to like a TV display when it's going out. Turn it off and let it rest then everything seems OK until the fatigue sets in again... Does it persist if you turn the phone in landscape, like in the same area or does it move with the screen...? You can turn on homescreen landscape and see if it follows or stays in the same place. If it follows then I'd say it's software, if it stays I'd say screen. Not being a member you can't post screenshots, actually you have to post 10 times as a member to be able to share screenshots and links, but that shouldn't stop you from evaluating your own screenshot and then as a member you can post in this tread and let us know if it shows up there... I highly doubt it and think the landscape thing will tell us more. Becoming a member is free and only takes a few minutes. That would allow you to reply in this thread and keep the conversation and help going.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's a screen defect it won't show up in a screenshot so I recommend trying to take one to rule out something else

Krow7

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello, so, this issue persists only on my home screen. When I enter on google or instagram or even settings, it doesn't appear blurry at all. This thing is only on the main page on my phone. Furthermore, whilst that blurry part is there, when i receive notification from messenger, the background is blurry whilst that notification exists. Did not have it for 2 days now, but I am kinda anxious that it would happen anytime soon. The blurry part shows on screenshots, so I am not sure if it's a software problem or screen or something

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190416-121115_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190416-121115_One UI Home.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190416_133158.jpg
    20190416_133158.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, so, this issue persists only on my home screen. When I enter on google or instagram or even settings, it doesn't appear blurry at all. This thing is only on the main page on my phone. Furthermore, whilst that blurry part is there, when i receive notification from messenger, the background is blurry whilst that notification exists. Did not have it for 2 days now, but I am kinda anxious that it would happen anytime soon. The blurry part shows on screenshots, so I am not sure if it's a software problem or screen or something

Is this when pull the notifications panel down?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There used to be an option on one of the phones I had to blur the background to change the focus. So a notification comes in or something other event that didn't completely take over the screen things you could see outside of that would blur, kinda like saying look at this, and looking at your screenshots in the one it looks like just the notification bar, nothing in the bar is blurred so it looks intentional. The popup looks like a focus changing background blur, have you changed themes to see if it's that theme? I'm thinking if you went back to the stock theme or tried another you wouldn't have this, because you can see it in the screenshot as well. It's really being projected intentionally. If it was something that shouldn't be happening or whatever your screenshot wouldn't show it. I think you're worried over nothing. Change the theme

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There used to be an option on one of the phones I had to blur the background to change the focus. So a notification comes in or something other event that didn't completely take over the screen things you could see outside of that would blur, kinda like saying look at this, and looking at your screenshots in the one it looks like just the notification bar, nothing in the bar is blurred so it looks intentional. The popup looks like a focus changing background blur, have you changed themes to see if it's that theme? I'm thinking if you went back to the stock theme or tried another you wouldn't have this, because you can see it in the screenshot as well. It's really being projected intentionally. If it was something that shouldn't be happening or whatever your screenshot wouldn't show it. I think you're worried over nothing. Change the theme

Looks like he might have Good lock app installed with his launcher

Krow7

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
Nope, the notification appears automatically, and if swipe the notification, the blurry background gets back to normal. But whilst that notification is there from messenger, i can still type on messenger but I can't see anything, because of the blur

Krow7

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
It's not the theme. I did a factory reset and it still happened, and I looked if there is an option regarding the blurry background, but nope. This problem happens when the blur appears on the upper part of the home screen. If you pay attention on the forst pic you can see that the theme is distorted/blurry

Krow7

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
So, it happened again and this time one after another. When it happened I restarted the phone, and after not even a minute the upper part was blurry again...did everything, from factory reset, countless restarts to uninstalling themes, but to no avail...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190501-125226_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190501-125226_One UI Home.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89