Is there a way to have the Always on Display turn off when the phone is turned screen down on a surface or put in your pocket? Mine stays on all the time. It doesn't shut down in these circumstances. My S8 used to.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    04-25-2019 05:18 AM
    Is there a way to have the Always on Display turn off when the phone is turned screen down on a surface or put in your pocket? Mine stays on all the time. It doesn't shut down in these circumstances. My S8 used to.
    AOD turns off when its face down or in a pocket for more than 1min if im not wrong.try settings,display,accidental touch protection.test it out by covering the proximity sensor.
    04-25-2019 05:20 AM
    Tried covering sensors. Didn't shut off.
    04-25-2019 05:40 AM
    This is a known bug and I'm hoping they push an update to fix it. Both my S9+ and Note 9's AOD turn off in my pocket or face down but the S10+ stays on no matter what. Very annoying..
    04-25-2019 05:43 AM
    This may be an Android 9 thing as I just checked my S8 that I upgraded last week has the same issue.
    This is a known bug and I'm hoping they push an update to fix it. Both my S9+ and Note 9's AOD turn off in my pocket or face down but the S10+ stays on no matter what. Very annoying..
    04-25-2019 06:00 AM
    Tried covering sensors. Didn't shut off.
    owh dang.im sorry then.i dont use AOD...
    04-25-2019 06:03 AM
    You can follow this link , it talks about it
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ff-pocket.html
    04-25-2019 07:53 AM
    You could try using Proximity Service - it turns the screen off if something is near the proximity detector. It takes getting used to - you can't swipe down near the detector, you have to use the other side (or one side) of the top of the screen. Pick the phone up, though, and you have the screen. (And I've never seen it show up in battery usage, so it doesn't use much - it may even just set a semaphore for the sensor - if you're not putting the phone down or picking it up, it's not using battery - if you are, it only uses battery for a tiny fraction of a second.)
    04-25-2019 12:23 PM
    You could try using Proximity Service - it turns the screen off if something is near the proximity detector. It takes getting used to - you can't swipe down near the detector, you have to use the other side (or one side) of the top of the screen. Pick the phone up, though, and you have the screen. (And I've never seen it show up in battery usage, so it doesn't use much - it may even just set a semaphore for the sensor - if you're not putting the phone down or picking it up, it's not using battery - if you are, it only uses battery for a tiny fraction of a second.)
    Reminds me of Gravity Screen...
    04-25-2019 01:11 PM
    I installed this app and it does absolutely nothing for me. It says the service is running. I've used my hand to cover the sensor with the screen on and off. It does nothing.

What is it supposed to do? What am I doing wrong?
    04-25-2019 06:27 PM
    No, when you put your hand on the screen at the top, it should turn the screen off. It does on most phones.
    04-26-2019 03:33 PM
    No, when you put your hand on the screen at the top, it should turn the screen off. It does on most phones.
    Doesn't work for me on my S10+. Odd.
    04-26-2019 03:54 PM
    There's already a thread talking about this , probably be fix in future update .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ff-pocket.html
    04-26-2019 04:17 PM
    Please see above.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-26-2019 04:20 PM