Verizon is now taking pre-orders for the 5G and it should be available mid May. Anybody upgrading from the other S10 variants? Anybody upgrading to it from another phone?

I have the S10 Plus and love it. Still, although I don't care about 5G (today), I'm always game for more battery, a slightly larger screen and the TOF cameras. Not a must-have by any stretch but still, tempting...

I might make the switch.
    04-25-2019 08:31 AM
    Not me. I don't care about 5G yet. By time it's ready for prime time, I'll be upgrading by then anyways. And the battery isn't massively larger. Considering the larger screen, I can't imagine battery life being a ton better.

In short, I'm sticking with my S10+ until the Note 10 or S11.
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-25-2019 09:01 AM
    IIRC the 5G version is 12GB RAM, 1TB, etc.?

Which is one of the reasons I was told it will have a $2,299 CAN target price?

NOT TO MENTION THE CARRIERS WANT A PIECE OF YOU TOO and charge at a higher premium for 5G.

Having said all that, is anyone even complaining about LTE speeds?
    04-25-2019 11:10 AM
    Verizon is now taking pre-orders for the 5G and it should be available mid May. Anybody upgrading from the other S10 variants? Anybody upgrading to it from another phone?

I have the S10 Plus and love it. Still, although I don't care about 5G (today), I'm always game for more battery, a slightly larger screen and the TOF cameras. Not a must-have by any stretch but still, tempting...

I might make the switch.
    With the 5G model you may need a bigger battery. I live/work where 5G support will probably become readily available, however I see any reason to jump on board at this time. I don't see the gain or have any issues with LTE.
    04-25-2019 11:16 AM
    We're switching from Sprint to Verizon and I told my husband their getting the 5G phone but we don't really care about that. We will be fine with 4G LTE. I have areas and it's not with just the S10 problems that I didn't have signal on older phones and Verizon people do. But I am ok with not having 5G and a 5G phone for now.
    04-25-2019 11:27 AM
    Not me because 5G isnt even here yet in Indonesia... Even 4G here is slow...
    04-25-2019 11:47 AM
    Nobody in their right mind.
    kct1975 and WizeGuyDezignz like this.
    04-25-2019 01:56 PM

NOT TO MENTION THE CARRIERS WANT A PIECE OF YOU TOO and charge at a higher premium for 5G.

The S10 5G comes with 256 GB on board, but it's non-expandable.
    04-25-2019 07:02 PM
    I don't need that type of speed on my phone....at this time.

I work out of my home, so between the PC, Tablet & Laptop, my phone has an easy life.
    04-25-2019 09:53 PM
    I'll be staying on 4G as long as I can. 4G works just fine for me, I see no need to get 5G, or spend more money for it.

With that said, for the ones that think they need 5G now, on the S10 5G version, if you're going to do it, I would spend the $100 and get the 512 gig. Yes you might not need it, but future proof your phone and you will get most that back in a resale of the phone later.
    04-25-2019 10:02 PM
    Based on the responses so far, sounds like the 5G won't be much of a seller.

Personally, my interest isn't with 5G - I agree with the comments it's too early for it to mean much of anything. I am however mildly interested in the slightly larger screen, slightly larger battery and the time-of-flight cameras.

And I'm assuming the battery life will be about the same as the S10 us as long as I'm only running on 4G? Or, do you think battery life will suffer because of the 5G modem even if it's not in use?
    04-25-2019 10:11 PM
    Based on the responses so far, sounds like the 5G won't be much of a seller.

Personally, my interest isn't with 5G - I agree with the comments it's too early for it to mean much of anything. I am however mildly interested in the slightly larger screen, slightly larger battery and the time-of-flight cameras.

And I'm assuming the battery life will be about the same as the S10 us as long as I'm only running on 4G? Or, do you think battery life will suffer because of the 5G modem even if it's not in use?
    I would think battery life would be a little better if you don't use 5G. It'll also charge faster.
    04-25-2019 10:33 PM

thank God i have the 12/1 S10 Plus...as for complaining about LTE speeds...in Indonesia its bad...real bad...

and S10 5G comes with 8GB of ram...
    04-25-2019 10:33 PM
    Nope, sticking with my Note 9 for the foreseeable future. I will probably skip the S10 series completely.
    04-29-2019 12:40 AM
    No.

1. Do not live in an area where 5G will soon be available
    2. $1500 price tag
    3. Nothing wrong with LTE
    4. Is there really any benefit to a second or two of additional speed st that price?
    5. Just upgraded to regular S10
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    04-29-2019 04:44 AM
    It's very clear nobody should move to the 5G solely BECAUSE of 5G. If the upgrade makes sense to anybody, it's only because of the slightly larger screen, larger battery and ever so slightly improved cameras.
    04-29-2019 02:29 PM
    It's very clear nobody should move to the 5G solely BECAUSE of 5G. If the upgrade makes sense to anybody, it's only because of the slightly larger screen, larger battery and ever so slightly improved cameras.
    My area where I live will probably have 5G relatively fast and I work in Manhattan which definitely will have it but I still don't see the point because LTE is fine
    04-29-2019 02:44 PM
    My area where I live will probably have 5G relatively fast and I work in Manhattan which definitely will have it but I still don't see the point because LTE is fine
    Totally agree. I have no interest in 5G today but also live in an area that should have it relatively soon.

It is neat to read they won't charge for using 5G on this phone. If by some chance I am in an area with 5G it'll be fun to play with.
    04-29-2019 03:32 PM