Hi. My new galaxy s10's plus proximity sensor is too sensitive during calls. I'm not moving it away from my face but some how my face starts pressing buttons which results in many things. Hanging up, muting, and even dialing numbers. I've turn 'always on' off 'increased sensitivity' off and when it's dialing, turning the screen off by the button. Is there anything else I can try?
    04-25-2019 05:19 PM
    If it's in a case, try removing the case. If that fixes it, get a different case.

If it's not in a case, it's a defective proximity sensor, so they should replace the phone.
    04-25-2019 05:59 PM
    Mine does the same thing. I sent my first S10+ back due to it. Unfortunately my new model also does this same behavior.
    04-25-2019 10:07 PM
    Hi. My new galaxy s10's plus proximity sensor is too sensitive during calls. I'm not moving it away from my face but some how my face starts pressing buttons which results in many things. Hanging up, muting, and even dialing numbers. I've turn 'always on' off 'increased sensitivity' off and when it's dialing, turning the screen off by the button. Is there anything else I can try?
    Hi,when making calls do you stick your ear to the earpiece?
    04-25-2019 10:15 PM
    Mine does the same thing. I sent my first S10+ back for due to it. Unfortunately my new model also does this same behavior.
    How did you get 2 in a row?
    04-26-2019 12:32 AM
    maybe they didnt even swap units?
    04-26-2019 12:52 AM
    This used to be a common issue which usually was due to long hair covering the ear. The hair prevented the sensor from seeing dark and caused the screen to turn on leading to the button presses. If I remember correctly makeup sometimes caused this issue also, when the screen covering the sensor would be dirty causing an already semi-dark appearance so when the call was taken if the sensor wasn't completely covered the phone thought it was still in this semi-dark state and then wouldn't blackout the screen.
    04-26-2019 01:18 AM
    This used to be a common issue which usually was due to long hair covering the ear. The hair prevented the sensor from seeing dark and caused the screen to turn on leading to the button presses. If I remember correctly makeup sometimes caused this issue also, when the screen covering the sensor would be dirty causing an already semi-dark appearance so when the call was taken if the sensor wasn't completely covered the phone thought it was still in this semi-dark state and then wouldn't blackout the screen.
    I don't have any hair or make-up. I wish it was an easy fix.
    04-26-2019 05:00 AM
    I sent the first one back within the 15 days and ordered a new one.
    04-26-2019 05:00 AM
    Have you opened Settings, Display, and is Block Accidental Touches on or off?
    04-26-2019 05:13 AM
    Sorry it wasn't simple cause now it does sound like a defective unit. If nothing is prohibiting the behavior of the sensor then that only leaves the sensor as the problem... Have you tried testing it? With auto brightness enabled get a flashlight and shine it on the sensor/top of the phone and see if the screen brightens, then cover the sensor and see if it dims. If both of those work then it could be a rouge app. Have you checked your accessibility settings? I don't know if there is one for screen on during calls but it's honestly the last thing I can think of...

One last thing... I did encounter someone who was having this issue and they found that it was the way they were holding the phone... I think they were placing it too high above their ear and they were doing it as a comfort thing. Something about the edge of the phone coming across their ear they didn't like or wasn't comfortable so they just needed to adjust their calling posture. This would line up with what you are experiencing since it has happened to you one two different devices.
    04-26-2019 05:17 AM
    If you get a defective RMA'd device, RMA it again. Keep sending it back until they get the idea and check that problem before sending it to you. (Unless you have a defective ear - then they'll have to replace that. )
    04-26-2019 01:24 PM