"paste and clipboard" in messages app

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Messages app. When I select a text thread to send a text, a little box with "paste clipboard and 3 dots" appear before I start typing. I cleared the cache but it still happens. Other suggestions?

Verizon S10+

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: "paste and clipboard" in messages app

I'm using the Messages app. When I select a text thread to send a text, a little box with "paste clipboard and 3 dots" appear before I start typing. I cleared the cache but it still happens. Other suggestions?

Verizon S10+
If you are tapping too long in the text box to pop up the keyboard, that is what should happen.
If you just launch the Messages app, and not touch the text box, does it happen?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: "paste and clipboard" in messages app

If you are tapping too long in the text box to pop up the keyboard, that is what should happen.
If you just launch the Messages app, and not touch the text box, does it happen?

Thanks for the suggestion. No, I'm not touching the box too long, yes I know that triggers the paste option. I actually use that feature a lot, lol.

No, if I just simply open a thread, nothing happens in the reply box. I have to touch the reply box in order to get the keypad to pop up, and that's when the paste box appears. I'm thinking I have seen this issue in the S7 forum and was hoping the solution was pretty easy and would be applicable to the S10+.

I just had a thought. Maybe it is Gboard....no wait a second.....I never setup Gboard on the S10+. I'm using the stock keyboard.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
And it only happens in Samsung Messages with the Samsung keyboard?
Trouble shoot :dl Textra and SwiftKey. Select as the defaults.
Any luck?

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue when using Samsung and Google messaging apps. I read it apparently started with the March update. It's extremely annoying. I've tried both Gboard and Samsung keyboard...no change with either one.Screenshot_20190427-210309_Messages.jpeg

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I get the same thing on mine, it's not just for texting its whenever the keyboard is used and there is something in the clipboard. if you clear the clipboard it goes away. it really is an annoying. I've read if you turn off auto fill service that fixes it, but that doesn't get rid of this issue.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing on mine, it's not just for texting its whenever the keyboard is used and there is something in the clipboard. if you clear the clipboard it goes away. it really is an annoying. I've read if you turn off auto fill service that fixes it, but that doesn't get rid of this issue.

Clearing the clipboard just changed the pop up to say Autofill

Attachments

• 2065.jpg
    2065.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 25

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds ad if Samsung is just giving you the option to use what's in the clipboard or use the keyboard. That shouldn't stop you from sending texts.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It sounds ad if Samsung is just giving you the option to use what's in the clipboard or use the keyboard. That shouldn't stop you from sending texts.

Well, it's not stopping me from sending texts, but the pop up shouldn't happen unless I long press on the box

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Trouble shoot with Textra or SwiftKey. Select as the defaults.
Any luck?

Just set up gboard as default. Issue still exists in Messages. Here in the forums, I couldn't post another comment. I had to reply with this quote in order to reply. I'm going to switch back to the stock and see if I can post a new comment without having to quote.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear that you found the problem. I always have liked SwiftKey over the gboard anyhow.

I haven't found the solution. The issue still exists in the Messages app. I just noticed how gboard doesn't allow me to post comments here without first quoting someone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found the solution. The issue still exists in the Messages app. I just noticed how gboard doesn't allow me to post comments here without first quoting someone.
Is this happening when using AC main app? There's a bug affecting the quick reply box.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Verizon S10+

Can try resetting the keyboard within keyboard settings.