S10+ the Greatest - T-Mobile the WORST

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
The S10+ has been the greatest "phone" I've had since way back to the Palm Treo.
My only mistake with the S10+ was using T-Mobile as the carrier.

I'm in California EQ land and the local building codes calls for plywood sheathing on both sides of load bearing exterior walls. Any exterior siding goes over the wood sheathing. Thus, the interior of the house is in a cocoon of wood sheathing. I average about -116db cellular signal strength while inside and have to either walk to a window or go outside to make calls.

I found out T-Mobile offers a LTE signal booster (not a booster for wifi calling). Man, trying to get T-Mobile to send you one is like pulling teeth. They do the MOST to perform the LEAST. T-Mobile is probably slapping a sticker on the hardware. Anyone knows who manufactures the hardware for T-Mobile. I'll buy it myself and hope to never have to deal with T-Mobile again. Asking around I found out the "T" in T-Mobile is "TERRIBLE". How true.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried T-Mobile for a week in San Diego and then promptly dumped them. I wasn't getting the best coverage in general, but certain buildings killed it like you said. One example was the gym... As soon as I walked in, my signal went to crap.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, dumping T-Mobile is the only remedy.
Their customer dis-service teams simply don't give a spit.
They just want to kick it to technical support who will kick to another department.
Of course T-Mobile didn't tell me I'm not on a contract and can cancel anytime.
I'll wind up paying for the hardware but don't mind since I had to buy through other carriers.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The S10+ has been the greatest "phone" I've had since way back to the Palm Treo.
My only mistake with the S10+ was using T-Mobile as the carrier.

I'm in California EQ land and the local building codes calls for plywood sheathing on both sides of load bearing exterior walls. Any exterior siding goes over the wood sheathing. Thus, the interior of the house is in a cocoon of wood sheathing. I average about -116db cellular signal strength while inside and have to either walk to a window or go outside to make calls.

I found out T-Mobile offers a LTE signal booster (not a booster for wifi calling). Man, trying to get T-Mobile to send you one is like pulling teeth. They do the MOST to perform the LEAST. T-Mobile is probably slapping a sticker on the hardware. Anyone knows who manufactures the hardware for T-Mobile. I'll buy it myself and hope to never have to deal with T-Mobile again. Asking around I found out the "T" in T-Mobile is "TERRIBLE". How true.

I wouldn't think an extra layer of sheathing would deteriorate your signal

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
They sent a total of 3 'range extenders' no problem.
None would complete the initial 1 hr setup. Using Wi-Fi calling in the house, or I'd have to cancel.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No issues for me in San Diego North County. We had trouble at our company building, a couple calls and they added a tower nearby. The LTE extender you mentioned? Got it shipped after one call for me, one for my friend who had another line on my plan. Also didn't want to get the WiFi Extender (which is what my friend got by mistake, so that's the only thing they did screw up, but again, quickly fixed)

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile customer service has always been terrific for me! I have been with them for 15 years. They sent me a T-Mobile wifi router 7 years ago and it's been working perfectly ever since!

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I love Tmobile on my S10
f10d343f3d737613bb631ceaed069327.jpg