Just got this S10 plus and i love it! One issue i am having is with group txt messages. I use my phone at work, and we often have txt messages with several people in the thread. Only issue is i do not see everyone, only the person sending, so instead of a single thread i get lots of messages all from single users and miss much of the thread. I am sure there is a setting to correct this, i just have no idea what it is! Any help is appreciated!
    Thank you!
    04-30-2019 09:53 AM
    When a person sends a text, they have a choice of breaking (or not breaking) long texts or sending group texts (or not sending them) as individual texts or one text to all. They all have to set up to not break, and to send a single group text to all. (It's the sender who determines how you see it, not the receiver.)
    04-30-2019 11:41 AM
    But on my S5 i used to see all the people, now the same people sending group txt messages i no longer see them, just 1 person at a time, and not even all the txts from that stream.
    04-30-2019 11:43 AM
    Just got this S10 plus and i love it! One issue i am having is with group txt messages. I use my phone at work, and we often have txt messages with several people in the thread. Only issue is i do not see everyone, only the person sending, so instead of a single thread i get lots of messages all from single users and miss much of the thread. I am sure there is a setting to correct this, i just have no idea what it is! Any help is appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Does your messaging app have a setting like this? This is Textra

04-30-2019 09:19 PM
    Ok, this is definitely my phone not the sender. I had a test done. Had someone send a group txt message and everyone else saw all in the group, i saw only the sender. Perhaps i should contact samsung. This is an issue with my phone, nothing to do with how the message is sent. It is very confusing as when my boss sends me a private txt, that private txt will show all messages, including the group txt messages, only way i can tell he responded to a group and not sending to me privately is the group replies will have mms after them
    05-03-2019 08:57 AM
    I have not seen that, were in settings is that, could well be my answer! Thank you!
    Ps, i made my post before i saw your reply!
    05-03-2019 08:59 AM
    This is usually a carrier issue not a phone issue.
    05-03-2019 09:40 AM
    Why then is it only my new phone that has this issue? My old s5 did not do this, same carrier and same people doing group messages
    05-03-2019 03:02 PM
    Why then is it only my new phone that has this issue? My old s5 did not do this, same carrier and same people doing group messages
    Each IMEI has to be configured properly by the carrier in all of its tables with all of the registered capabilities. This is not tied to your phone number only to the individual phone hardware. Therefore switching phones can result in different behavior even when staying with the same phone number/carrier/plan/etc. It all depends on your carrier properly configuring everything.
    05-03-2019 03:46 PM
    check your Multimedia message settings.

there should be a toggle for Group Conversations.

Group txt message issues-screenshot_20190503-145407_messages.jpg
    05-03-2019 04:55 PM