Search Bar Disappeared

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher with the Google discover integration, I swipe left from my home screen to view my Google feed. This morning my I no longer have a search bar, I have checked Nova settings and Google settings, everything seems to be in order.

Any ideas how to get my search bar back?

Attachments

• 1974.jpg
    1974.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 14

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher with the Google discover integration, I swipe left from my home screen to view my Google feed. This morning my I no longer have a search bar, I have checked Nova settings and Google settings, everything seems to be in order.

Any ideas how to get my search bar back?

Can try restarting nova or the phone.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, those were the first things I've tried, along with wiping the cache, still no search bar. Now I have uninstalled Nova and am going to reinstall.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, those were the first things I've tried, along with wiping the cache, still no search bar. Now I have uninstalled Nova and am going to reinstall.

Also if you haven't tried , find the Google companion app in the apps list in settings and clear cache ,force close
Your welcome. Let me know how it works out.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I've uninstalled Nova and reinstalled, wiped cache, stopped Google companion and restarted, still no search bar. Starting to think the problem might be on Google's side, I don't know....

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I just realized that when I restart the phone and swipe to my Google Discovery for the first time, the search bar is there, but then disappears after a few seconds. Only to reappear when I restart the phone again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I just realized that when I restart the phone and swipe to my Google Discovery for the first time, the search bar is there, but then disappears after a few seconds. Only to reappear when I restart the phone again.
Have you tried uninstalling the companion app and reinstall?