Phantom notification tone.

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this; a couple times a day, I am getting a brief, phantom notification tone. It the tone I have selected as my default, and no other notification appears when it occurs. Very odd!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Install Samsung's Nice Catch app. It gives you access to the notification history even if dismissed. That way you'll know if it's a notification or if it's coming from a different source

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this; a couple times a day, I am getting a brief, phantom notification tone. It the tone I have selected as my default, and no other notification appears when it occurs. Very odd!!

Happened once to me.wierd part is.the phone was in silent mode...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then it's not being pushed through a notification channel. Are any BT devices trying to connect? Any alarms set up or reminders? Any timer apps?

richardcbristol

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this and was driving me crazy for a day until I worked out what was causing mine. NFC. My phone was in a case with 2 credit cards. Didn't think. Had NFC on and phone was detecting the cards... Disabled NFC. Problem solved. Was able to confirm the cause by putting cards near the phone with NFC on and hearing the notification beep.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me lately during night, while phone is in quiet mode. There's no notification for it at all. It's kind of driving me crazy.