[OCD] Worth exchanging S10+ at Best Buy over this?

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I want to preface this by saying that I'm very OCD and anal when if comes to my phones.

With that out of the way, I bought an AT&T S10+ from Best Buy the other day to take advantage of the $200 off. The phone is fine except there is a piece of dust under the factory screen protector. Luckily it's not on the screen area, but it's still annoying for a new phone. It's in the lower right corner on the bezel.

It's one of those things that I can ignore most of the time, but I still notice it at other times. I have considered just ripping the screen protector off, but I actually like this screen protector and I'm horrible at installing them myself.

With all of that being said, do you think it's worth an exchange at Best Buy? If so, do you think they would even do an exchange or think it's a legitimate reason?

I don't have access to another phone at the moment to post a pic, but please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I want to preface this by saying that I'm very OCD and anal when if comes to my phones.

With that out of the way, I bought an AT&T S10+ from Best Buy the other day to take advantage of the $200 off. The phone is fine except there is a piece of dust under the factory screen protector. Luckily it's not on the screen area, but it's still annoying for a new phone. It's in the lower right corner on the bezel.

It's one of those things that I can ignore most of the time, but I still notice it at other times. I have considered just ripping the screen protector off, but I actually like this screen protector and I'm horrible at installing them myself.

With all of that being said, do you think it's worth an exchange at Best Buy? If so, do you think they would even do an exchange or think it's a legitimate reason?

I don't have access to another phone at the moment to post a pic, but please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

In my honest opinion, I don't think that it is a legitimate reason for exchanging the phone. There isn't anything physically wrong with the phone. This isn't a defect. There is just some dust that got underneath the screen protector. It happens. You're better off buying another screen protector and getting someone else to install it. It doesn't have to be a glass screen protector but one that will fit the phone. That is what I would do if I were you.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Be careful...if they replace it as a "warranty" issue, you'd probably end up with a refurb.

Just rip the cheap plastic off and enjoy the fresh new phone!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Be careful...if they replace it as a "warranty" issue, you'd probably end up with a refurb.

Just rip the cheap plastic off and enjoy the fresh new phone!
If he is still within your 14 days you would get a new one.

There is a forum on here where there's a discussion about Samsung sending out a free screen protector replacementb

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
If he is still within your 14 days you would get a new one.

There is a forum on here where there's a discussion about Samsung sending out a free screen protector replacementb
I actually already got the replacements from Samsung but they have that stupid L shape cutout that I'm not a fan of.

I think I'm just gonna keep this phone and be on the search for a screen protector that is similar to the stock one.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Thanks!

hi my fellow OCD buddy,i have severe OCD too.but i wouldnt exchange it.who knows what the next S10 would be like.

and if i were you i would try to remove the dust.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you have any recommendations for a non-tempered glass screen protector? I would prefer PET or something more similar to the stock one.

Thank you!

At this moment I would stick with stock for film , I have the Dome on mine .
If you peel yours back use tape to take the dust out but last time I tried that I screwed it up and didn't use the phone until I got a replacement screen protector lol.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
At this moment I would stick with stock for film , I have the Dome on mine .
If you peel yours back use tape to take the dust out but last time I tried that I screwed it up and didn't use the phone until I got a replacement screen protector lol.
Yeah my fear is I will screw it up lol. I'll see what I can do and have a backup plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol