[OCD] Worth exchanging S10+ at Best Buy over this?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any recommendations to remove the dust and put the protector back down so it will stick?

first of all.make sure its DUST and not air bubbles.and look closely to see if the protector is damaged/dent as removing the dust or bubble wouldnt make a difference.

i usually use scotch tape to lift the protector and scotch tape to remove the dust.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just watched haha. Looks good, I will give it a shot. Since the dust is on the bottom bezel, I'm gonna leave the stock one on until it scratches... Which it will lol.
I heard this company in the past people with good experiences, 10 dollars plus change not bad .

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
first of all.make sure its DUST and not air bubbles.and look closely to see if the protector is damaged/dent as removing the dust or bubble wouldnt make a difference.

i usually use scotch tape to lift the protector and scotch tape to remove the dust.
Yeah, it's definitely a speck of dust and it's raised in that tiny spot. So I'm assuming this won't work out too well haha. Once this one gets some scratches, I will give it a shot.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it's definitely a speck of dust and it's raised in that tiny spot. So I'm assuming this won't work out too well haha. Once this one gets some scratches, I will give it a shot.

If its raised then dont try to remove it. Because if you touched that part before. Then there is a mark. Removing the dust will not remove that mark. Well my S10P has 4 air bubbles but im fine with it... Couldnt risk removing and reapplying...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My protector looks like this that Samsung sent me. I got a 2 pack box shows L shaped but it looked the same when I took it out. But someone on here said it's not the same as what is on the phone now. Here's the picture I posted in another thread. Samsung said go back to Best Buy to put on he said he wasn't allowed but it looked the same also. Maybe it peels off and is the L I'll have to go look at it again.

Attachments

• 20190502_200503.jpg
    20190502_200503.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My protector looks like this that Samsung sent me. I got a 2 pack box shows L shaped but it looked the same
when I took it out but someone on here said it's not the same as what is on the phone now. Here's the picture I posted in another thread. Samsung said go back to Best Buy to put on he said he wasn't allowed but it looked the same also. Maybe it peels off and is the L I'll have to go look at it again.

Doesn't look like an L

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Samsung must have a severe issue with their screen protection QC dept.
My wife's s10+ had what appears as a scuff mark on the lower right side of her protector. It was like this out of a sealed box new. Mine has a tiny scratch in the center area of the film. I'm hoping it's the film lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
2000??? Where did you buy your phone at? I want to know so I never go there.
Never mind, I crossed posts up in my mind. Thought we were on the fold phone.

This deal, just pull the stupid screen protector off, it's just plastic and will scratch anyway. If someone is OCD and the little dust under the protector bothers you, the scratches on the plastic protector that are coming will drive you crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781