05-21-2019 11:51 PM
45 12
tools
    Hey guys and gals, I want to preface this by saying that I'm very OCD and anal when if comes to my phones.

With that out of the way, I bought an AT&T S10+ from Best Buy the other day to take advantage of the $200 off. The phone is fine except there is a piece of dust under the factory screen protector. Luckily it's not on the screen area, but it's still annoying for a new phone. It's in the lower right corner on the bezel.

It's one of those things that I can ignore most of the time, but I still notice it at other times. I have considered just ripping the screen protector off, but I actually like this screen protector and I'm horrible at installing them myself.

With all of that being said, do you think it's worth an exchange at Best Buy? If so, do you think they would even do an exchange or think it's a legitimate reason?

I don't have access to another phone at the moment to post a pic, but please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    05-08-2019 11:49 AM
    Hey guys and gals, I want to preface this by saying that I'm very OCD and anal when if comes to my phones.

With that out of the way, I bought an AT&T S10+ from Best Buy the other day to take advantage of the $200 off. The phone is fine except there is a piece of dust under the factory screen protector. Luckily it's not on the screen area, but it's still annoying for a new phone. It's in the lower right corner on the bezel.

It's one of those things that I can ignore most of the time, but I still notice it at other times. I have considered just ripping the screen protector off, but I actually like this screen protector and I'm horrible at installing them myself.

With all of that being said, do you think it's worth an exchange at Best Buy? If so, do you think they would even do an exchange or think it's a legitimate reason?

I don't have access to another phone at the moment to post a pic, but please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    In my honest opinion, I don't think that it is a legitimate reason for exchanging the phone. There isn't anything physically wrong with the phone. This isn't a defect. There is just some dust that got underneath the screen protector. It happens. You're better off buying another screen protector and getting someone else to install it. It doesn't have to be a glass screen protector but one that will fit the phone. That is what I would do if I were you.
    05-08-2019 12:06 PM
    Yea.. don't change phone for that. Change the screen protector.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    05-08-2019 12:12 PM
    Be careful...if they replace it as a "warranty" issue, you'd probably end up with a refurb.

Just rip the cheap plastic off and enjoy the fresh new phone!
    05-08-2019 01:19 PM
    Be careful...if they replace it as a "warranty" issue, you'd probably end up with a refurb.

Just rip the cheap plastic off and enjoy the fresh new phone!
    If he is still within your 14 days you would get a new one.

There is a forum on here where there's a discussion about Samsung sending out a free screen protector replacementb
    WizeGuyDezignz and DWS44 like this.
    05-08-2019 07:51 PM
    If he is still within your 14 days you would get a new one.

There is a forum on here where there's a discussion about Samsung sending out a free screen protector replacementb
    I actually already got the replacements from Samsung but they have that stupid L shape cutout that I'm not a fan of.

I think I'm just gonna keep this phone and be on the search for a screen protector that is similar to the stock one.
    05-08-2019 08:06 PM
    What L shaped cutout?
    tadpoles likes this.
    05-08-2019 10:33 PM

Thanks!
    hi my fellow OCD buddy,i have severe OCD too.but i wouldnt exchange it.who knows what the next S10 would be like.

and if i were you i would try to remove the dust.
    05-08-2019 10:42 PM
    If it was me , I would change the screen protector.
    05-08-2019 10:57 PM
    What L shaped cutout?
    This... [OCD] Worth exchanging S10+ at Best Buy over this?-20190508_195917.jpeg
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2019 10:59 PM
    hi my fellow OCD buddy,i have severe OCD too.but i wouldnt exchange it.who knows what the next S10 would be like.

and if i were you i would try to remove the dust.
    Any recommendations to remove the dust and put the protector back down so it will stick?
    05-08-2019 11:00 PM
    If it was me , I would change the screen protector.
    Do you have any recommendations for a non-tempered glass screen protector? I would prefer PET or something more similar to the stock one.

Thank you!
    05-08-2019 11:01 PM
    Do you have any recommendations for a non-tempered glass screen protector? I would prefer PET or something more similar to the stock one.

Thank you!
    At this moment I would stick with stock for film , I have the Dome on mine .
    If you peel yours back use tape to take the dust out but last time I tried that I screwed it up and didn't use the phone until I got a replacement screen protector lol.
    05-08-2019 11:04 PM
    This... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190508_195917.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	302971
    That's Samsung replacement?
    05-08-2019 11:05 PM
    This... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190508_195917.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	302971
    That replacement screen protector is gross.
    05-08-2019 11:06 PM
    Any recommendations to remove the dust and put the protector back down so it will stick?
    Usually doesn't work out
    05-08-2019 11:07 PM
    At this moment I would stick with stock for film , I have the Dome on mine .
    If you peel yours back use tape to take the dust out but last time I tried that I screwed it up and didn't use the phone until I got a replacement screen protector lol.
    Yeah my fear is I will screw it up lol. I'll see what I can do and have a backup plan.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:12 PM
    That's Samsung replacement?
    Yes, it's the packaging of it. There are 2 inside the package. I looked at them and did confirm it's the L shape like the photo on the package.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:13 PM
    That replacement screen protector is gross.
    Lol, that's just a photo of it from the package. That's not my phone.
    05-08-2019 11:13 PM
    Yes, it's the packaging of it. There are 2 inside the package. I looked at them and did confirm it's the L shape like the photo on the package.
    Wow they forget to put the other piece by the camera when they made it the orginal was around the camera.
    05-08-2019 11:16 PM
    Wow they forget to put the other piece by the camera when they made it the orginal was around the camera.
    Lol I know, that's why I'm so bummed. I'm trying to find something from a third party that is similar to stock.
    05-08-2019 11:21 PM
    Lol I know, that's why I'm so bummed. I'm trying to find something from a third party that is similar to stock.
    I dont blame you , If I see anything I'll let you know.
    05-08-2019 11:23 PM
    I dont blame you , If I see anything I'll let you know.
    Thank you!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:27 PM
    Thank you!
    Look into this one , I hear good things about it .

https://www.mobilefun.com/olixar-sam...rotector-71165
    05-08-2019 11:34 PM
    Look into this one , I hear good things about it .

https://www.mobilefun.com/olixar-sam...rotector-71165
    Will do, thank you!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2019 11:39 PM
45 12