Why does my S10 Samsung clock alarm function, use my main incoming call ringtone, rather than the selected alarm ringtone?
    Having just upgraded from the S8, this issue has occurred. I'm not sure if it's due to having a downloaded non-defalt ringtone for incoming calls, or a sleep function.
    05-09-2019 02:31 AM
    Did you choose the alarm in the alarm clock Settings?
    05-09-2019 02:51 PM
    I saw some tips elsewhere and tested it. Do you still have the Auto restart on?
    It appears that if your phone restarts it will default to the ringtone until you unlock your phone to finish the restart. After that your chosen alarm will sound.
    Weird, and you'd think Samsung (or Google, not sure where the fault lies) could fix this.
    I've turned the auto restart off. Will be interesting to see if my test results are correct.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    06-08-2019 06:44 PM
    This is exactly what I have found, except my Note 10+ is doing it. Scared the **** out of me this morning!! I'm used to a nice, calm, tranquil awakaning...and then BOOM...gangsta rap at 6:25am!!!
    It's the auto restart & my note 8 did it flawlessly every day for 2 years, so like he said, cut the auto restart off, or have it restart sometime throughout the day when you are awake.
    I saw some tips elsewhere and tested it. Do you still have the Auto restart on?
    It appears that if your phone restarts it will default to the ringtone until you unlock your phone to finish the restart. After that your chosen alarm will sound.
    Weird, and you'd think Samsung (or Google, not sure where the fault lies) could fix this.
    I've turned the auto restart off. Will be interesting to see if my test results are correct.
    08-26-2019 06:53 AM