Why does my S10 clock alarm, use my incoming call ringtone, and not the alarm ringtone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why does my S10 Samsung clock alarm function, use my main incoming call ringtone, rather than the selected alarm ringtone?
Having just upgraded from the S8, this issue has occurred. I'm not sure if it's due to having a downloaded non-defalt ringtone for incoming calls, or a sleep function.

Rincewind3

Jun 8, 2019
Visit site
I saw some tips elsewhere and tested it. Do you still have the Auto restart on?
It appears that if your phone restarts it will default to the ringtone until you unlock your phone to finish the restart. After that your chosen alarm will sound.
Weird, and you'd think Samsung (or Google, not sure where the fault lies) could fix this.
I've turned the auto restart off. Will be interesting to see if my test results are correct.

Big EL

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
This is exactly what I have found, except my Note 10+ is doing it. Scared the **** out of me this morning!! I'm used to a nice, calm, tranquil awakaning...and then BOOM...gangsta rap at 6:25am!!!
It's the auto restart & my note 8 did it flawlessly every day for 2 years, so like he said, cut the auto restart off, or have it restart sometime throughout the day when you are awake.
I saw some tips elsewhere and tested it. Do you still have the Auto restart on?
It appears that if your phone restarts it will default to the ringtone until you unlock your phone to finish the restart. After that your chosen alarm will sound.
Weird, and you'd think Samsung (or Google, not sure where the fault lies) could fix this.
I've turned the auto restart off. Will be interesting to see if my test results are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21