Contacts

sedburgh

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I have an annoying problem. I store my contacts on my windows pc in Outlook and copy them to my S10+ using Wondershare mobile go as I have always done with all my phones. Everything is fine for a few days or maybe a week. Then for no apparent reason it starts to produce duplicate contacts. Always the same ones. Some which contain just a phone number or some which show the same contact without an address. I would be grateful for any thoughts.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You should have an option in windows, near the syncing submenu, to disallow duplicates, along with other pertinent settings. It would be easier to enter them into your phone contacts first, and select your other as a syncing acct. Good luck

sedburgh

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Once I have copied the contacts to my phone they are identical to those on outlook. The duplicates appear some days later. And some are not true duplicates. Examples- A contact for Fred Jones which has just a phone number is duplicated. Another contact for, say, John Smith appears as just a name with no address, so that is a duplicate in name only.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
If you haven't already, sign out of all the devices. Reboot the pc. Check the pc sync settings. Clear the cache partition and reboot the phone. Sign back in on both devices.

sedburgh

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps I should add that I used exactly the same method and software (wondershare mobilego) on my iPad and have no problems there.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an annoying problem. I store my contacts on my windows pc in Outlook and copy them to my S10+ using Wondershare mobile go as I have always done with all my phones. Everything is fine for a few days or maybe a week. Then for no apparent reason it starts to produce duplicate contacts. Always the same ones. Some which contain just a phone number or some which show the same contact without an address. I would be grateful for any thoughts.

Are your contacts being backed up and synced to Google as well? It could be that once you copy your contacts from Outlook to your phone, your phone is then backing up and syncing them to your Google account. Then Google is matching your contacts to those who have Google profiles and linking them but making duplicates for those contacts that may not have the exact same info (i.e just email address on their google profile. An easy way to check is go to contacts.google.com and click on your duplicates to see if it's uploading their Google profiles. You an also merge duplicates from their. Hope that makes sense.

If you're not syncing and backing up your contacts t Google then I have no idea what may be happening to create the duplicates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12