mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Making this thread as I seen lately lot of people losing valuable information,text,pictures,ect.

My Samsung devices:
Signed into my>
Samsung account/ cloud
Google account/photo
Sd card back up
Smart switch back up
That way you can access your stuff from different devices,computer incase something goes wrong.
What about the rest of you ?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Making this thread as I seen lately lot of people losing valuable information,text,pictures,ect.

My Samsung devices:
Signed into my>
Samsung account/ cloud
Google account/photo
Sd card back up
Smart switch back up
That way you can access your stuff from different devices,computer incase something goes wrong.
Well said. Backups on multiple fronts .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

My Samsung devices:
Signed into my>
Samsung account/ cloud
Google account/photo
Sd card back up
Smart switch back up

PC backup

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Best way to save valuable stuff, if any other way I missed please chime in .
Its beautiful, use Smartswitch to back to sd , then the same on windows PC hard drive. Whilst utilizing the inbuilt Google and Samsung cloud.

Now all I need to learn is how to do a "fresh install" that everyone talks about.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its beautiful, use Smartswitch to back to sd , then the same on windows PC hard drive. Whilst utilizing the inbuilt Google and Samsung cloud.

Now all I need to learn is how to do a "fresh install" that everyone talks about.
Fresh install would be factory resetting or even loading the firmware again through Odin and not restoring from any backup , just put apps and settings back one by one

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Fresh install would be factory resetting or even loading the firmware again through Odin and not restoring from any backup , just put apps and settings back one by one
I'm aware of factory reset. But as soon one enters their Google information and Samsung information it restores everything. Or am I missing something?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe in very beginning when going through first few settings it will ask those questions for both accounts as you put your info in
I'm aware of factory reset. But as soon one enters their Google information and Samsung information it restores everything. Or am I missing something?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe in very beginning when going through first few settings it will ask those questions for both accounts as you put your info in

It used to be you also had to disable backup and restore before resetting. It's been awhile since I did I clean install

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Indeed. So anyone know how to perform a clean install? After factory reset .

If you've already allowed Google Backup to backup your apps, then changing settings before you do the factory reset won't make any difference.

After the factory reset, when you next start the device, it'll go through the first-time setup steps again: where it guides you through connecting to a Wi-Fi network and signing into a Google account. On the screen where you sign into your Google account, there's a checkbox there to automatically restore your apps and data onto this device (I forget the exact wording).
Uncheck the checkbox at this point, and no apps or data will be restored to your device. You'll still be able to install any paid apps you previously bought. If you later turn on Google Backup on this device, it'll start a fresh set of backup data. Once it has backed up to this fresh set, next time you factory-reset this device, the restore will be from this fresh set. (If you factory-reset again before making any changes, or before it's had a chance to back up, you'll still get the old set.)

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
If you've already allowed Google Backup to backup your apps, then changing settings before you do the factory reset won't make any difference.

After the factory reset, when you next start the device, it'll go through the first-time setup steps again: where it guides you through connecting to a Wi-Fi network and signing into a Google account. On the screen where you sign into your Google account, there's a checkbox there to automatically restore your apps and data onto this device (I forget the exact wording).
Uncheck the checkbox at this point, and no apps or data will be restored to your device. You'll still be able to install any paid apps you previously bought. If you later turn on Google Backup on this device, it'll start a fresh set of backup data. Once it has backed up to this fresh set, next time you factory-reset this device, the restore will be from this fresh set. (If you factory-reset again before making any changes, or before it's had a chance to back up, you'll still get the old set.)
Cheers. How about the Samsung sign process when setting up new phone. It restores after signing on, ones setting , apps, etc..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But eventually it does sign you in and install data unless one doesn't sign in with their Samsung or Google account.
You can sign into your account, but you have the option to restore or not through beginning part , and even after you set up everything fresh if you go into Samsung cloud it still has last b.c.ack up you invade to restore back and you choose calls only or sms, pictures home settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae