Verizon global vs LTE/CDMA

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I know there are numerous posts about which one to use for network. Most without a definitive answer.

Just curious as to which network everyone is using in the United States and why?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know also! We just switched from Sprint to Verizon cause of signal problems and I was wondering myself. But the phone was defaulted on Global so I just assumed that was the norm and was what it should be kept on so I left it. I was going to switch it in the beginning cause I was still having network issues but than we had our phones reflashed to get the Sprint stuff off of our phones and my phone has been great so I left it alone.

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Verizon s10+ here.. i have mine set to LTE/CDMA .. as far as I can remember that was always the most optimum so that's what I do.. i haven't read anything suggesting global is the new standard.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon s10+ here.. i have mine set to LTE/CDMA .. as far as I can remember that was always the most optimum so that's what I do.. i haven't read anything suggesting global is the new standard.

Oh really ours was defaulted to Global when we switched and they stuck in sim cards. Wonder if we should change it? Signal is great so far though so I guess we can leave it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know there are numerous posts about which one to use for network. Most without a definitive answer.

Just curious as to which network everyone is using in the United States and why?
Verizon suggests setting to to Global unless you are having problems.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
mine was set on global as default. I just can't find a definitive answer either way. if you are going overseas, then global it is. Here in the states, it's anyone's guess. lol

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Global allows for roaming on GSM networks. I was on Verizon for about a month and had it on LTE\CDMA and the phone prompted me to switch to Global for better service. Come to find out, the LTE\CDMA coverage was spotty in that area so the phone was using GSM.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
mine was set on global as default. I just can't find a definitive answer either way. if you are going overseas, then global it is. Here in the states, it's anyone's guess. lol

Verizon recommends global. It will pick the right network.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Global allows for roaming on GSM networks. I was on Verizon for about a month and had it on LTE\CDMA and the phone prompted me to switch to Global for better service. Come to find out, the LTE\CDMA coverage was spotty in that area so the phone was using GSM.

Did it show roaming? If not then it wasn't using GSM. That would be the only way Verizon would be using GSM.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon suggests setting to to Global unless you are having problems.

Oh they do cause on FB Verizon told me to put it on LTE unless I am traveling international but now I guess i'll put it back to Global. I guess that is like on Sprint instead of LTE/CDMA we kept it on Auto which is what we were told it should be on. And yes I wasn't having any problems with Global so I should of just left it. I'm changing it back.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh they do cause on FB Verizon told me to put it on LTE unless I am traveling international but now I guess i'll put it back to Global. I guess that is like on Sprint instead of LTE/CDMA we kept it on Auto which is what we were told it should be on. And yes I wasn't having any problems with Global so I should of just left it. I'm changing it back.

I'm going by what it says on Verizon support. I think it doesn't matter much unless you're roaming.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Per Verizon -

Global: This is the preferred setting for most locations and should only be changed if experiencing service issues.

LTE / CDMA: This setting should only be selected if experiencing service issues in locations that offer multiple network types and only LTE/CDMA is needed.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just my two cents...

I am on Sprint, and I have mine switched to LTE/CDMA since Sprint is still a CDMA carrier (not GSM) and I have absolutely no intention of going out to the USA

saadqazi3452837

Feb 16, 2022
Visit site
CDMA is associated with a set of protocols. This is not the case with LTE. For voice calls, an enhanced version of CDMA is used along with LTE, instead of CDMA. Flexibility, efficiency, and availability make LTE more popular among users.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary