Is it better to buy directly from Samsung.com, or BestBuy. com?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I keep seeing people say how Samsung's customer service is basically trash and they aren't very helpful at all. I know Best Buy is an authorized retailer, and was told on the Best Buy sub Reddit that they restock often, with a 14 day return period and a $35/45 restock fee if not happy. In terms of getting phones with more recent build dates like those manufactured this month, wouldn't it therefore be better to order through them? Given Samsung's less than stellar rep with customer service, who's to say I don't get sent a lemon? Obviously authorized retailers get their stock from Samsung, but what's the best way to avoid getting a phone with issues? For reference, I'll be paying through PayPal, so I doubt actually going to a store wouldn't help. Any thoughts or advice?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I keep seeing people say how Samsung's customer service is basically trash and they aren't very helpful at all. I know Best Buy is an authorized retailer, and was told on the Best Buy sub Reddit that they restock often, with a 14 day return period and a $35/45 restock fee if not happy. In terms of getting phones with more recent build dates like those manufactured this month, wouldn't it therefore be better to order through them? Given Samsung's less than stellar rep with customer service, who's to say I don't get sent a lemon? Obviously authorized retailers get their stock from Samsung, but what's the best way to avoid getting a phone with issues? For reference, I'll be paying through PayPal, so I doubt actually going to a store wouldn't help. Any thoughts or advice?
Wow, you've still not got your phone?

Last edited:

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Wow, you've still not got your phone?

No, I haven't gotten it yet. I've been resisting the urge to buy off of Swappa, just because they're cheaper. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ceramic Black that's listed as new, too. The person claimed that their first phone was giving them issues, and since they have Premium Care, Samsung sent him a brand new phone, but that they were going back to the iPhone. But ever since my last experience on Swappa where a seller insulted me personally because I confronted them about their dishonest sale. And most people on Swappa don't accept returns. So since I'm not actively trying to save on my purchase, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
No, I haven't gotten it yet. I've been resisting the urge to buy off of Swappa, just because they're cheaper. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ceramic Black that's listed as new, too. The person claimed that their first phone was giving them issues, and since they have Premium Care, Samsung sent him a brand new phone, but that they were going back to the iPhone. But ever since my last experience on Swappa where a seller insulted me personally because I confronted them about their dishonest sale. And most people on Swappa don't accept returns. So since I'm not actively trying to save on my purchase, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy.
I thought you were going to best buy and select a fresh build date device?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Me personally wouldn't buy from Samsung , best buy just easier to deal with any issues and there stores everywhere, instead of buying from Samsung directly and having a issues have to mail the phone back.

Last edited:

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I finally placed my order for an unlocked 128GB Prism White S10+ from Best Buy, which should arrive tomorrow. I got $100 off for creating an account with the site, so total came out to just under $980 with sales tax. Anyway, hopefully I won't have issues once I pop my T-Mobile SIM in. Will I have to adjust any network settings at all?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I finally placed my order for an unlocked 128GB Prism White S10+ from Best Buy, which should arrive tomorrow. I got $100 off for creating an account with the site, so total came out to just under $980 with sales tax. Anyway, hopefully I won't have issues once I pop my T-Mobile SIM in. Will I have to adjust any network settings at all?

You'll be fine , it will automatically load all stuff up..been using tmobile on my unlocked phones including Note 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc