05-22-2019 07:22 AM
35 12
tools
    I keep seeing people say how Samsung's customer service is basically trash and they aren't very helpful at all. I know Best Buy is an authorized retailer, and was told on the Best Buy sub Reddit that they restock often, with a 14 day return period and a $35/45 restock fee if not happy. In terms of getting phones with more recent build dates like those manufactured this month, wouldn't it therefore be better to order through them? Given Samsung's less than stellar rep with customer service, who's to say I don't get sent a lemon? Obviously authorized retailers get their stock from Samsung, but what's the best way to avoid getting a phone with issues? For reference, I'll be paying through PayPal, so I doubt actually going to a store wouldn't help. Any thoughts or advice?
    05-16-2019 05:51 PM
    I keep seeing people say how Samsung's customer service is basically trash and they aren't very helpful at all. I know Best Buy is an authorized retailer, and was told on the Best Buy sub Reddit that they restock often, with a 14 day return period and a $35/45 restock fee if not happy. In terms of getting phones with more recent build dates like those manufactured this month, wouldn't it therefore be better to order through them? Given Samsung's less than stellar rep with customer service, who's to say I don't get sent a lemon? Obviously authorized retailers get their stock from Samsung, but what's the best way to avoid getting a phone with issues? For reference, I'll be paying through PayPal, so I doubt actually going to a store wouldn't help. Any thoughts or advice?
    Wow, you've still not got your phone?
    05-16-2019 07:15 PM
    Wow, you've still not got your phone?
    No, I haven't gotten it yet. I've been resisting the urge to buy off of Swappa, just because they're cheaper. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ceramic Black that's listed as new, too. The person claimed that their first phone was giving them issues, and since they have Premium Care, Samsung sent him a brand new phone, but that they were going back to the iPhone. But ever since my last experience on Swappa where a seller insulted me personally because I confronted them about their dishonest sale. And most people on Swappa don't accept returns. So since I'm not actively trying to save on my purchase, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy.
    05-16-2019 07:55 PM
    No, I haven't gotten it yet. I've been resisting the urge to buy off of Swappa, just because they're cheaper. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ceramic Black that's listed as new, too. The person claimed that their first phone was giving them issues, and since they have Premium Care, Samsung sent him a brand new phone, but that they were going back to the iPhone. But ever since my last experience on Swappa where a seller insulted me personally because I confronted them about their dishonest sale. And most people on Swappa don't accept returns. So since I'm not actively trying to save on my purchase, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy.
    I thought you were going to best buy and select a fresh build date device?
    05-16-2019 08:56 PM
    Me personally wouldn't buy from Samsung , best buy just easier to deal with any issues and there stores everywhere, instead of buying from Samsung directly and having a issues have to mail the phone back.
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-16-2019 09:04 PM
    I thought you were going to best buy and select a fresh build date device?
    I'll be paying with PayPal, and Best Buy doesn't accept payment through PayPal in store. I'll have to order through the site.
    05-16-2019 09:18 PM
    I'll be paying with PayPal, and Best Buy doesn't accept payment through PayPal in store. I'll have to order through the site.
    Lol
    05-16-2019 09:23 PM
    FWIW, Best Buy has $200 off unlocked S10+s if you activate them today.
    05-16-2019 09:26 PM
    FWIW, Best Buy has $200 off unlocked S10+s if you activate them today.
    Yeah, except T-Mobile isn't included, lol.
    05-16-2019 09:32 PM
    Yeah, except T-Mobile isn't included, lol.
    Unlocked phones work on T-Mobile.

Unless you mean you can't subsidize phones through T-Mobile at Best Buy then yes, you are correct.
    05-16-2019 09:34 PM
    Unlocked phones work on T-Mobile.

Unless you mean you can't subsidize phones through T-Mobile at Best Buy then yes, you are correct.
    The latter, yes.
    05-16-2019 09:38 PM
    The latter, yes.
    I wonder why Best Buy doesn't have a partnership with T-Mobile?
    05-17-2019 08:49 AM
    I wonder why Best Buy doesn't have a partnership with T-Mobile?
    Maybe it's because of the whole merger with Sprint limbo? Otherwise, good question. Speaking of which, I wonder if people on T-Mobile are experiencing connection issues with their unlocked phones.
    05-17-2019 09:07 AM
    I finally placed my order for an unlocked 128GB Prism White S10+ from Best Buy, which should arrive tomorrow. I got $100 off for creating an account with the site, so total came out to just under $980 with sales tax. Anyway, hopefully I won't have issues once I pop my T-Mobile SIM in. Will I have to adjust any network settings at all?
    05-17-2019 01:14 PM
    I finally placed my order for an unlocked 128GB Prism White S10+ from Best Buy, which should arrive tomorrow. I got $100 off for creating an account with the site, so total came out to just under $980 with sales tax. Anyway, hopefully I won't have issues once I pop my T-Mobile SIM in. Will I have to adjust any network settings at all?
    You'll be fine , it will automatically load all stuff up..been using tmobile on my unlocked phones including Note 9
    05-17-2019 01:20 PM
    Awesome. How's your battery life been? Do you get much drain overnight?
    05-17-2019 01:22 PM
    @mustang7757 is on his phone all night. He's a vampire.๐Ÿง›
    05-17-2019 01:31 PM
    From my experience I had best battery life on tmobile and unlocked phones
    05-17-2019 01:37 PM
    @mustang7757 is on his phone all night. He's a vampire.
    Hahaha ...pretty much
    frederickdawg likes this.
    05-17-2019 01:38 PM
    @mustang7757 is on his phone all night. He's a vampire.๐Ÿง›
    LOL, can confirm, guilty of that myself.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-17-2019 01:40 PM
    From my experience I had best battery life on tmobile and unlocked phones
    Great to hear, thanks.
    05-17-2019 01:41 PM
    Great to hear, thanks.
    Your welcome
    05-17-2019 01:42 PM
    Congratulations
    05-17-2019 02:19 PM
    I actually went into a Best Buy store and got my GS10+ with absolutely no problem. I ended up going to Best Buy because six AT&T company stores where I usually get my phones since 1994. I actually enjoyed the in-store Best Buy experience so much so that I may shop there going forward.
    05-17-2019 04:16 PM
    Maybe it's because of the whole merger with Sprint limbo? Otherwise, good question. Speaking of which, I wonder if people on T-Mobile are experiencing connection issues with their unlocked phones.
    Nope. T-Mobile stopped allowing retailers to sell their stuff a long while before the Sprint merger was ever even thought of.
    05-17-2019 04:37 PM
35 12